[lac-discuss-en] RES: LACRALO ELECTIONS

Webmaster rok at bango.org.bb
Tue Mar 19 04:04:18 UTC 2013

I quite agree that the conversation is counter productive. Striking workers
are counterproductive too and are meant to be, for the sake of impressing
upon capital, the plight of the workers. We have given quality for too long,
accommodating for too long and yet treated as though we are second class
based upon an archaic or even fictional definition of democracy. It is like,
democracy is about the rule of the majority, we are the majority and we
really don't want to hear from the scraps.

Under these conditions, there will always be talk of two regions because one
set of people will not sit and be dominated by another. Unless the Caribbean
totally gives in to LA, there will always be talk of two regions and there
will always be that distance between the two. My experience with the OAS and
now this convinces me that LAC should never be.

I am watching how the Caribbean is giving in slowly but surely. Elections
makes no sense for the Caribbean as we have been totally disenfranchised and
all attempts to make the system more fair and just are opposed by LA.
Anybody from the Caribbean running as Chairman? You think Lance will win
this election for Secretary? Waste of time. How can LA claim to represent
the Caribbean when they are suppressing the Caribbean? Makes no sense to me
and if OAS is anything to go by, participation from the Caribbean will
dwindle in LACRALO and that will suit LA just fine.

ROK