[lac-discuss-en] LAC Retirement Strategy Report

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 21:29:25 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: LAC Retirement Strategy Report
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Dear,

 I wanted to share with you a report of withdrawals made by
 Working Group members LAC Strategy, which took place in June das
 and February 7 in the House Internet (Montevideo, Uruguay).

 Podrn you find this report here (in version. Pdf):
 http://bit.ly/123visJ

 Or in the wiki space LAC Regional Strategy: http://bit.ly/123wf4i

 Also I am copying this report at the end of this mail to facilitate
 reading.

 The importance of this retreat was to have met members of our
 region that we are participating in different constituencies of
 ICANN, with a good predisposition for work in equipment and
 constructive, and achieved between all members of the group a
 Visin draft that includes the LAC Regional Strategy, the areas
 Inters Keys, Estratgicos Objectives and indicators of success
 thereof.

 Once this redaccin draft estlista which have arrived,
 will be subject to review regional community audience for
 adjust accordingly. We will be sharing in this draft
 brief.

 From our RALO also were participating in person at the
 Vanda and remotely reunin Alexander and Dev So I invite you to
 them to complete, correct, extend this report with data that
 may have missed or poorly transmitted.

 Any issue that has not been clear or any consultation that is
 necessary, I am at your disposal to answer them and collaborate with
 thereof.

 Best regards,

 Dev and Fatima

 LAC Retirement Strategy Report Introduction

 On 6 and 7 February last you to realize Montevideo (Uruguay) withdrawal of
 Working Group LAC Regional Strategy.

 We were greeted very warmly at the Internet House members
 This regional working group led by Rodrigo de la Parra, VP of
 Amrica America and Caribbean.

 Among the attendees in participating: Carolina Aguerre (LACTLD)
 Edward Santoyo (LACTLD), Celia Lerman (BC / GNSO), Anthony Harris (GNSO),
 Andres Piazza (LACNIC), Oscar Robles (LACNIC), Olga Cavalli (GAC), Vctor
 Martinez (GAC), Vanda Scartezini (former Board Member LACRALO) and I, as
 LACRALO delegate / At-Large.

 Between remote attendees we have the participation of Tracy
 Hackshaw (GAC), Dev Anand Teelucksingh (At-Large LACRALO) and Alejandro
 Pisanty (former Board Member LACRALO).
 Working Methodology

 The way this group estructursus activities in these two days
 intense work was split into subgroups to discuss pequeos ms
 and meet each of the steps of the proposed methodology, and then
 reunin back to plenary and discuss and determine together, the
 different issues discussed.

 Importantly, the excellent working environment that is housing the
 habitacin. All team members reached the well reunin
 predisposed to collaborate, work together, and build our
 regional strategy. Ms allde some attempts to include points
 especficos some own agendas, they were muffled by
 the rest of the group. The result was a balance between
 the interests and needs of different communities of our
 region.With this work demostrque estmadura our region as such
 to develop and then put into practice their own strategy
 regional.
 Da 1 LAC Retirement Strategy Presentations

 The first day of the retreat, Wednesdays February 6, started the reunin
 with some presentations of group members.

 I was invited by Rodrigo to share some information which had already sent
 this group, especially focused on the contributions from LACRALO.
 You can find this presentation
 here <  https://community.icann.org/pages/worddav/preview.action?fileName=LAC+Strategy+-+Fatima+Cambronero.ppt&pageId=38044803>
 .

 Then we compartiuna Carolina Aguerre LACTLD presentation that can
 check here <  https://community.icann.org/pages/worddav/preview.action?fileName=PRESENTATION+ICANN-LAC+Meeting+LACTLD.pdf&pageId=38044803>
 .

 Also Andres Piazza LACNIC compartiinformacin us on that
 organizaciny situation the status of IPv4 and IPv6 migracina.

 Then Oscar Robles, Board member of LACNIC, we compartitbNL> a number of interesting numbers related to the level of percentage of
 LAC internet users globally represented, the percentage of
 domain name registries and registrars of our region, the
 percentage of new gTLDs LAC requested by applicants, the amount
 of replicas of Root Servers located in our region, among other data.
 In addition there were comments and Small presentations from other members of
 group referred to their own constituencies * like * Vctor Martnez,
 Representative of Mexico to the GAC, Olga Cavalli representative
 Argentina in the GAC and GNSO participant Anthony Harris. Plan
 ICANN Estratgico

 An important point to mention is that the Strategy
 LAC Regional Plan respects Estratgico of
 ICANN <http://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/strategic/strategic-plan-2012-2015-18may12-en> ,
 especially the four pillars on which it stands:

   - Security and Stability of the DNS (DNS Stability and Security)
   - Competition, consumer confidence consumer and Choosing
   (Competition, consumer trust and consumer choice)
   - Basic operations including IANA (IANA Including Core operations)
   - A healthy ecosystem of Internet Governance (A healthy Internet
   ecosystem governance)

 From these four pillars are to establish and prioritize
 estratgicos objectives of our region, estratgicos projects, the
 action plan for each of them and their respective indicators.

 Taking into account this point mostly, distinguishing ascomo
 those cases in which ICANN has some control of those
 those influences, is working on the strategy COMENZA
 LAC Regional.
 Visin Discusin on LAC Strategy

 Upon completion of the presentations were divided into groups ms
 pequeos to discuss the vision that should guide our strategy
 regional.

 The slogan was to discuss and determine between members of subgroups:

   - Whys important that ICANN consider the needs of the
   region in estratgico plan?
   - Ques what region we are looking like this work?

 There were interesting discussions in subgroups and then to share the
 result of each plenary, where ICANN should mencionque
 consider the needs of the region for greater participation of
 LAC in making decisions on matters of substance, so it meaningful
 and DNS industry relevance of our region, so that there
 fundamentals of interest for the participation of regional governments,
 among other important issues raised.

 region is looking like for promotion of the organization of creaciny
 new interest groups within ICANN where they can take advantage of a
 most appropriate way the contributions they can make to them
 ICANN structure.Also in this goal is indicque ICANN being
 Overall, our region must include because it is part of their nature:
 ICANN needs us as a region to the much talked about internationalization, and
 us as we need to ICANN region to participate in their
 mission.

 It also repeatedly reiterate the need to be attentive to
 misiny not get away from the vision of ICANN in the whole process of
 elaboration of our regional strategy as this may bring
 POLICIES rigged unwanted consequences.
 Key areas DEFINITION of Inters

 Once the entire group was determinla vision of the strategy
 LAC region, we divided again into subgroups to identify,
 discuss and determine the issues most relevant to the region. That is,
 those issues requiring priority attention to the ecosystem
 Internet on behalf of the region.

 The slogan was to identify keys areas of the region that Inters
 are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive.

 Each subgroup identificcada Inters key area with a name
 particular, including within each area certain matters
 considered relevant to the region.

 After returning to work in plenary, presented the results of
 each subgroup and in general there is an overlap between the issues that each
 considerrelevante one, using different names but
 like.

 Therefore, the step was regroup prximo between all matters
 Similar relevant areas within the same key intersy
 name them with a name that is inclusive of the discussions in the
 subgroups.

 Thus ended the first day's work, developed a left
 first draft of Inters Keys areas (politics, Operations, creation
 Capacity and economic way) and Objectives Estratgicos proposed.
 Gives 2 LAC Retirement Strategy

 We started the second day reviewing the draft among all who habamos
 arrived the previous day.

 It was a long and interesting discussion as we refine these goals
 estratgicos ARISING the issues most relevant to our region,
 pruning points separating those projects become estratgicos
 and those who were more specifically actions to perform.

 Mobilized some goals of a key area intersa another, unite
 oms two objectives into one, retired Haban those who remained in
 somehow inconsistent with the overall work and we agreed
 on the key areas and estratgicos targets located on each of
 them. It is noteworthy that there was also agreed that there were
 as relevant at the time the denomination to give it to every area of
 interest, if not the important thing was the concept covering each of
 and objectives included them.

 The next step was to complete the Matrix Estratgica.Here we should
 consider the four pillars of ICANN Estratgico Plan (Safety and
 DNS stability, competition, consumer confidence and Choosing
 consumer, including basic operations and a healthy IANA
 Internet Governance ecosystem) in relationship with Key Areas
 Inters estratgicos targets detected and included in each of
 them.
 Key areas Intersy Estratgicos Objectives

 Then we became separated into subgroups, each responsible for an area
 Inters key, and the targets are located within each estratgicos
 mainstay Estratgico ICANN Plan.

 We returned to discusin in plenary to review how each were located
 one of these goals. Again some lenses moved to another
 columns of the pillars of ICANN Estratgico Plan and we
 agreement on the final conformation Estratgica this Matrix.

 It is necessary to mention the important work done by intrpretes
 ICANN assisted us during the two days of reunin since in
 one point was somewhat difficult to follow the discussions
 habitacin.

 It is also important to highlight the work and collaboration by
 remote participants (Dev, Alexander and Tracy) as also in
 was sometimes difficult to understand what was being discussed in the
 floor. Important was the participation of them in sub-working
 in which we split.

 An important contribution was made by Tracy, and was supported by
 Alejandro and Dev, estrelacionado with the need to consider
 differently to the needs of some pequeas
 Caribbean islands, particularly in relation to capacity creation and *
 outreach *. This is a point that will surely continue arguing for
 give attention within the LAC Regional Strategy.
 Estratgicos Objectives and Indicators

 Estratgica Matrix Having completed, by crossing the
 Estratgico pillars ICANN Plan and Inters Keys areas of LAC,
 and assigned targets in each category estratgicos, proceeded to
 determine the success of these indicators Estratgicos Objectives.

 This last step of our work was a bit tricky to coordinate
 between all group members. However this is logrfinalizar
 WHO leaving one task set indicators, ie, how to measure
 forward if those goals are met or not estn for each
 estratgico goal. In this last step, also thinned or
 reformulated some goals.
 The road ahead

 The activities assigned for our retirement were fulfilled successfully
 and on schedule. It produced a first draft logrdejar
 Visin containing the LAC Strategy, the Key areas of Inters,
 Estratgicos Goals and success indicators. Also were already
 raised some points to be included as Estratgicos and Projects
 some actions that will implement these objectives.

 When this draft estredactado according to all the contributions made
 in this reunin, this draft will be submitted for consultation of PUBLIC
 whole community to gather their opinions.

 Important is expected collaboration and participation of members of
 our region and we have come to give a very important step in this
 elaboration of our own LAC Regional Strategy.
 LAC Retirement Coverage Strategy

 Joint press release between ICANN and
 LACNIC &lt;  https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&shva=1#search/Internet+Groups+++++++Discuss+New+Priorities+In+Latin+America+and+Caribbean/13cb6c2ea549b28a>

 -
 * Fatima Cambronero *
 Attorney-Argentina

 Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
 Twitter: @ facambronero
 Skype: fatima.cambronero

 * Join the LACRALO / ICANN discussions: *
 https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

 * Join the discussions Diplo Internet Governance Community: *
 http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

 * Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): * http://www.internetsociety.org/

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/71495c233d.html