[lac-discuss-en] . Patagonia

presidencia at internauta.org.ar presidencia at internauta.org.ar
Sat Feb 9 20:26:58 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject:. Patagonia
 From: presidencia at internauta.org.ar

 Dear as everyone knows is being discussed within the groups one ded
 ALAC work the issue of new gTLDs linked to objections
 ALAC can be any of them in the context of the afectacin
 audience interest.
 Today I raised in my point vistaacompaando wiki already silvered
 Guillermo Zamora, humberto carrazco, sergio Bronstein, Vanessa Copetti
 Cravo.
 Many of us in the region are asking for a
 negative recommendations for the approval of. patagonia.
 We need more voices, we have until tomorrow to do it gives please
 go to:  https://community.icann.org/display/newgtldrg/.patagonia_OG
 make comments, do not know English, do it in your language.
 here's my contribution.

 Dear all:

 The. Patagonia is a very sensitive issue to the user community and
 citizens of the Republic Argentina passes and sister Republic
 Chile.

 This is shown by the fact that there have been two facebook this
 issue where hundreds of citizens have spoken openly and freely.

 1)  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patagonia-Somos-Nosotros/217649071697459.
 and 2)  https://www.facebook.com/groups/noapuntopatagonia

 There are also various activities undertaken by private and public entities will
 that is linked to this topic

 a) http://especiales.chubut.gov.ar/somosnosotros/

 b) http://punto.ar/patagonia/

 c) http://emebehosting.com.ar/dominios-patagonia.html

 d) http://internauta.org.ar

 Among other cases of involvement and commitment to the topic at hand.

 I am among those who think that the issues have nothing to do geogrficas
 with commercial Internet issues, but deal with issues
 deeper such as history, culture and the right people
 of these to defend their land, their production, their lifestyle, their name
 and their present and future.

 Link to a. Com with NGTLD unhappy is a way of determining the
 primary rights of the inhabitants of a region with respect to its
 culture, its idiosyncrasies and its history.

 One thing is to get a. Com with the name you want (eg patagonia.com)
 and even put a clothing brand with that name and a very different
 gTLDs is to have a geographical region with that name (for example
 our friend Evan to put in your comment) undoubtedly that demarcates a
 upper right to the common people and left tied the fate of
 Regina's the way we do business of that company, for example if
 produce any offense, any fraudulent, or facts
 issues related to human rights or environmental rights,
 regina eyes this world is strongly linked and
 reputation, work, production and harmed people.

 Some links about it:

 a) http://www.diariodelvino.com/notas2/noticia565_24oct.htm

 b)

 c) http://www.patagoniatp.com.ar/

 A pas, Regino territory of a country can not be on edge from
 the utilization of its name to the realization of business that does not generate
 the state or are wards of the state, and I say this because the
 Argentines have very fresh in our memory of the vinculacin
 Bennetton company with Patagonia, slave labor and land grabs
 the original peoples of this region by the multinational.

 a)
 http://www.oocities.org/identidadlafkenche/principal/conflictomapuche/benetton.htm

 b)
 http://domino.ips.org/ips% 5Cesp.nsf/vwWebMainView/F28DE085DEE5480480256A08004969F3 /? OpenDocument

 The user community and citizens of Argentina and Chile do not want in
 our passes more commercial linkages which could bring DAOA
 the production, trade and industry and are not protected and
 safeguarded under the laws of our countries.

 You need to add is not permissible under any circumstances doubt
 allow users world that business name get in
 risk the interest of a community that lives in a geographical region, its
 good name and brand of origin or denomination of origin, as many
 commercial products in this region have as their hallmark
 provenance (Patagonia) as hallmark and superior quality
 whatever happens with the brand name of origin may be
 used as an impairment in the quality of the products of the region.
 Again I make a gTLD that is different than a domain name
 in a gTLD extension ... anyone is aware that the domain name
 . Patagonia third one may have to direct the region vinculacin
 geogrfica and to a lesser extent with the brand and that reason is sufficient
 to not hesitate to give a refusal of Recommendation to ALAC
 on this domain name.

 1500 Ms interventions in this new gTLD acompaan oposicina this
 order.

 Lastly is to highlight some issues that have to do with the
 inalienable rights of Argentina to oppose the utilization of
 denomination. patagonia in the new gTLDs and care that name only
 just comment that Patagonia Argentina is a land space
 comprising the provinces of La Pampa, Neuqun, Ro Black, Chubut, Santa
 Cruz and Tierra del Fuego, Antrtida and South Atlantic Islands (including
 Falkland Islands, South Georgia and Sndwich).

 It has a regional official tourism agency: http://patagonia.gov.ar/ingles/

 Also mentioned is that they celebrate the day of Patagonia in Argentina
 from Law 144 of the Province of Tierra del Fuego, sanctioned
 on June 6, 1994 declaring October 11 as da Da of the
 Patagonia.The provincial executive implements the second
 week of October each year educational, cultural,
 recreational and sports aimed at raising awareness of the population
 renounced membership of the Province of Tierra del EFuego, Antrtida and
 South Atlantic Islands to Patagnica Regin.

 Just the October 11, 1878 President Nicols Avellaneda
 sancionla Law 954, creating such Gobernaciny establishing headquarters
 authorities in the city of Mercedes de Patagones, then City
 Viedma. In December 1878 Governor llegel Patagonia
 Colonel Alvaro Barros. Keep in mind that there are no short that
 roads or railways, which the Governor llegen boat.

 In July 1879 Governor dictel Barros decree the
 town of Mercedes de Patagones be called since the
 Viedma name, in honor of its founder. Viedma be the only
 POPULATION important Patagonia to the late nineteenth century, linked
 only by going martima river and the rest of the country.

 On October 16, 1884 Patagonia was divided into five governorates:
 Black Ro, Neuqun, Chubut, Santa Cruz and Tierra del Fuego. Viedma passes
 As the capital of the new Gobernacin, Black Ro Province today.

 By Law 25,394 was establecial October 11 of each year as the National Day
 DELA PATAGONIA in memory of that day of the year 1878.

 Documentation can count on in Patagonia:
 http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historia_de_la_Patagonia

 * Sergio Salinas Porto
 Argentina President Internauta
 Argentina Association of Internet Users
<http://www.internauta.org.ar> / CTA <http://www.ctamdq.org.ar>
 Fluid Latin American Federation of Internet Users
<http://www.fuilain.org/>

 facebook: salinasporto
 twitter: sergiosalinas
 MSN / YAHOO MSN / Talk: salinasporto ...
 Skype: internautaargentina
 Mobi: +54 215 819 9223 5 *

 * &quot;Ojalpodamos be disobedient, every time we receive orders that
 humiliate our conscience or violate our common sense &quot;Eduardo
 Galeano *

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/cbd28c6fd5.html