[lac-discuss-en] Minutes of the Board of ICANN 20/12/2012

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Sun Dec 23 04:52:16 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Minutes of the Board of ICANN 20/12/2012
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Colleagues,

 I would draw your atencina http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-20dec12-en.htm # 1.e where estn published the minutes of the reuninms recent Board of Directors (Board) of ICANN. They contain many matters of interest.

 One that stands for the region of Latinoamrica and the Caribbean is the selection of Buenos Aires to host the reunin ICANN in November 2013. In my opinion it is a triumph of the region but a reason to reflect and change.

 Welcome as many others reunin harn that takes place in a city so dear to many and can be an efficient headquarters.

 However, the selection is made ** ** despite the efforts of the region, and as clearly indicate that the minutes presentninguna not viable proposition. Proposals submitted and do not know what I say aquno has no intention to disqualify.

 The point of reflection Whether the absence of collaborative efforts within the community alleged Latinoamrica and the Caribbean to provide a venue for ICANN reunin. It competes in an honest no doubt, but not enough cooperation.

 That is reflected in many ways and some have already been visible, we notice about a month ago, when ICANN discutila proposal to modify your policy meeting. This decision confirms what posits that politics, is not it?

 Ojalextraigamos positive lessons from this - to mdesagradable - event.

 The bill contains other substantive issues, such as changes in the IRTP, affecting Internet users, the policy to invest the funds generated by the new gTLD program, and several ms. In none of them made a significant aportacin.

 I appeal to our elected representatives and officials, and the community at large, to analyze this and reforming our work.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ! ! ! !!
 NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUMBER OF NEW phone

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 FROM +525541444475 Mexico

 SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM, 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the group on LinkedIn UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org