[lac-discuss-en] Advancement - GA

José Francisco Arce josefranciscoarce at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:13:40 UTC 2012

 Dear members,

I wanted to  inform as advance of today´s meeting the methodology and terms
we apply to the continuation of the General Assembly that began in the
Costa Rica meeting of ICANN.

1. - Rules to apply: Operating Principles and Rules of Procedure of LACRALO
and specifically Articles 19 and 20, the Memorandum of Understanding
between ICANN and LACRALO (MoU).

2. - There is a change in the rules of quorum for virtual meetings. Based
on our Bylaws and taking as valid precedent our discussion and
interpretation of these rules taken on this issue in the following link:
https://community.icann.org/display/alaclacralo/25+February+2010 we will
precede in this way.

3. - Only will be enabled for participate ALSes those who were present and
gave a quorum at meetings of the General Assembly in Costa Rica.

Discussion and Vote:

Motions: The Final Agenda of the General Assembly passed in Costa Rica is:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=38046055

The main points of the agenda still to be discussed and voted can be
summarized in three proposals: Dev Anand; Sylvia Leyte and Sooknanan Cintra.

It is noteworthy that this is the final agenda that has been approved by
the will of members participating in LACRALO´s General Assembly in Costa
Rica. This agenda cannot be modified by adding new points for discussion.

The meeting will open formally on December 11 from there, the final agenda
and proposals will be discussed by the term of seven (7) days on the
mailing list of LACRALO, until December 17 at 23:59 UTC.

>From December 18 will open the motions to a vote by the Big Push system,
which will be available for seven (7) days, until December 24 at 2359 UTC.
Here you will find a question for each point of motion which must respond
by YES, NO or abstention.

After obtaining the results of votes, will be announced and immediately be
terminated LACRALO General Assembly

Look forward to your cooperation and participation to complete the assembly.