[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Fwd = 3A_Declaraci = F3n_sobre_la_Est? == Iso-8859-1? Q? Rategia_Reuni = F3n_de_ICANN? =

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Thu Nov 15 16:27:24 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Fwd = 3A_Declaraci = F3n_sobre_la_Est? == Iso-8859-1? Q? Rategia_Reuni = F3n_de_ICANN? =
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 I agree.
 Alberto Soto

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
 [Mailto: lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] In the name of Fatima
 Cambronero
 Posted on: Thursday, November 15, 2012 24:30
 To lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org
 CC: LACRALO discussion list
 Subject: Re: [lac-discuss-en] Fwd: Declaration of Reunin Strategy
 ICANN

 Dear,

 Regarding the proposed consolidation of Strategy Meetings
 ICANN is open for comment until da audience of tomorrow
 (November 16 at 23:59 UTC), with Natalia Enciso we have developed the
 following Declaration (estcopiada below) that we refer to it
 consideracin.

 In this Declaration we have considered the various comments
 been some LACRALO members on our list and in addition the
 Declaration drafted by Tijani AFRALO.

 We have talked to our President LACRALO, JosArce, and as we
 time is short, we kindly ask that you please review this
 declaraciny make their comments throughout the day today, donkeys
 is given in the morning time to pass it to include it as inglse
 Comment LACRALO audience to name.

 Also because of the shortness of time, I want to ask for
 Please if estn not agree with any part of the text, proposed the
 Text redaccin preferring instead, since comments
 general will take to be developed and included.

 Thank you very much.

 Best regards,

 Fatima Cambronero

 * Declaration of LACRALO on the proposed consolidation of Strategy
 ICANN Meetings *

 LACRALO understands the difficulties that the staff responsible for the meetings
 ICANN estteniendo to find suitable places for meetings
 ICANN global in some regions, especially since the community has
 been growing in the last time tamaoy scope. Appreciates the efforts
 to review the current selection system. However it is considered that
 the right time to do so considering that it is open
 a process of revision of the Framework ICANN geographic regions where the
 criterion for division of ICANN regions may be considerably
 modified depending on the outcome of this process.

 Also, considering the speech of the new CEO of ICANN, Fadi
 Chehaden Toronto, one objective of the ICANN estenfocado
 internationalization of the organization. Therefore, the lack of rotation
 equitable regional strategy proposed in this consolidation of
 Meetings will be attacking this central objective of the new
 Gestin.

 In the current system of selection of sites meeting the regional rotation
 respected equally, because each one year and a half
 meetings are held in the region from Latin America and the Caribbean. With the
 Consolidacin proposed strategy, the meetings in the region is
 held every three years affected the equity in regional rotation, and
 that members of the local community must wait more time to
 have opportunities to participate in such meetings personally. Namely
 a life cycle very long considering that the mandates of the
 Officers leading our region have a duration of one two
 years.

 This form of equal rotation among regions not impact the actual
 participation of the users and members of the ALS of the region of Amrica
 America and Caribbean, the necessary interaction that must exist in the
 pblicas ICANN meetings between community members and the Board,
 affecting the transparency that should guide these meetings.
 Also hampered the effective participation in meetings of pblicas
 those people and organizations who need to attend
 financed by their own means, as all years are must travel
 cities and remote regions, and therefore more expensive, cities
 origin.

 Also consider important to emphasize that in most of the countries of
 Amrica America and Caribbean visa is not required for admission. This should be
 considered an advantage alongside countries like United States and Canada, and
 Reason for this not to be denied our region passes the
 possibility to host ICANN meetings, but only every three years.

 Also consider important to include other possible negative impact of the
 Proposed consolidation of Strategy Meetings and is referred to
 ICANN Fellowship Program. One of the most important criteria and
 has been responsible for the success of this program is based on the
 geogrfica diversity of its participants and its proximity to the
 meetings venues.This has allowed the program has been
 enriched with participants from all regions of ICANN
 participating in meetings fairly Through his years of
 life. With the proposed consolidated affect the possibility of
 fellows from the region from Latin America and the Caribbean are selected
 to participate in the program, having to wait three years to have
 the opportunity to be part of that ICANN ly meets the Outreach and
 empowerment that are part of their objectives.

 LACRALO estconvencido that an equal rotation between regions is
 important to meet the functional diversity and cultural geogrfica
 Internet enshrined in the ICANN Bylaws. Therefore, to comply
 one consider equitable regional rotation to be followed using
 selection system meeting current branches and that in the case of
 touch to a region that does not have options of venues that meet
 ICANN requirements needed to host a meeting, you must pass
 region to the next in the set meeting schedule.The region
 in cuestin, in turn lose this opportunity, having to wait for
 compliance with the cycle of the five regions, to run again. Of
 Thus, the criterion respecting regional diversity so
 equitable. We consider also necessary to revisit this criterion
 once it has been approved Framework geographic regions to be
 adjusted to the new regional reality.