[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: Statement on ICANN's Meeting Strategy

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 18:04:43 UTC 2012

Perhaps this point could be made by  a separate LACRALO statement:

According to the ICANN Fellowship page at
http://www.icann.org/en/about/participate/fellowships , Fellowships are
awarded based on a mix of criteria including geographic proximity to
meetings. Thus, more fellowships are awarded to persons in the geographic
region of the ICANN meeting.

With the proposed Consolidated Meeting Strategy impacting when ICANN
meetings are held in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and Africa, this
"geographic proximity to meetings" criterion for the award of ICANN
fellowships for the meetings in Europe and Asia/Pacific from 2014-2016
should be adjusted to allow for more fellowships from persons in Africa and
the LAC regions.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com