[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: ICANN ALAC Statement on the Consolidated Meetings Strategy Proposal

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Tue Nov 13 12:19:12 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Fwd: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: ICANN ALAC Statement on the Consolidated Meetings Strategy Proposal
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 I believe the general idea was good and of course practical since the size of meetings does not allow several cities to host it. But for our region for instance though the country clubs with facilities Such Already have hosted the meetings, if we can agree Other countries start to repeat the places, and keep the same rotation info we have now.
 North America is a Problem with the visas, so again the Proposal is quite practical in That sense.
 Europe and Asia have the Infrastructure and visa facilities That Encourage persons to go.
 Asia for instance deserve more chances to host it since so many country clubs congregate Comparing to others is unfair to them thar To Have So Few Opportunities to host the meetings.
 My 2 cents

 Vanda Scartezini
 Sent from my iPad