[lac-discuss-en] [At-Large] How Neutral is the Net?

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 21:52:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Carlton Samuels
<carlton.samuels at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
> salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What is interesting though was the proposal by the US FTC
>> for a USF on global submarine cables.
>>

> Ah yes, very interesting indeed.
>
> Especially considering the FCC has consistently opposed taxes levied on
> inbound voice traffic, as in the case of the Jamaican levy which
> principally funds our UAF.
>
> Maybe a 'double feint', that: think about it and you could make the case
> it is a complement to the ETNO proposal.
>
> [BTW, there was a wide-ranging discussion on the issue here at the LACIGF.
> We had a long argy bargy to decide definition.]

Bottom line is it is market economics. Lol @ argy margy. We also had
interesting discussions at the recent Pacific Broadband Forum in Fiji.
nothing is ever cut and dried in a world where there is tremendous
diversity. Peace :)

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
P.O. Box 17862