[lac-discuss-en] YouTube Video of Michelle Obama's Speech Blocked

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 00:49:42 UTC 2012

One of the troublesome issues regarding the YouTube automated content
id removals is the burden is on you to prove otherwise. I sense some
in ICANN such as the  trademark holders wants this sort of rapid
automated UDRP style takedowns. Guilty until proven innocent.

A similar situation happened to Ustream who was streaming the Hugo
Awards live on the Internet
http://io9.com/5940036/how-copyright-enforcement-robots-killed-the-hugo-awards

The EFF has this informative article re: YouTube removals
https://www.eff.org/issues/intellectual-property/guide-to-youtube-removals

Dev Anand