[lac-discuss-en] [APAC-Discuss] Draft Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement on IP

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 17:18:59 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:50 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bottom line, the question is if you already have limited access
> [infrastructure/availability and affordability - not to mention that being
> undercut by things like spam] why would anyone want to further hinder this
> access?

Dear Sala:
This is indeed the question for a lot of us.  Thanks very much for the
additional information and analytic approach.

Without a doubt, the issues you outlined as common to Pacific island
countries are shared in common in the so-called SIDS community.

We here in the Caribbean understand completely and embrace the perspective
you offer.

- Carlton