[lac-discuss-en] Any words of Secretary of LACRALO / Some words of LACRALO Secretary

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:24:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM,  <sylvia at internautabrasil.org> wrote:

> I am referring to the interpretation of Rule 8, suggested by Jose Ovideo and missing paragraph of Rule 11.2 of the Rules of Procedure in the Spanish version.
> These problems, may not have been detected before because my predecessor only working with documents in the English version! (Same case that I referred to above).

Dear Sylvia,

I must point out that I identified the differences between the Spanish
and English versions of our LACRALO Rules of Procedure in late 2010.

After the announcement of the LACRALO Bylaw WG to this list in August
2010, I identified the differences in the language versions to ICANN
At-Large Staff who helped to document these differences on the LACRALO
wiki and to show to all participants to see the English and Spanish
versions of the text of our Operating Principles and Rules of
Procedure side by side at https://community.icann.org/x/VAUt .

The date of the wiki page on Rule 11 at
https://community.icann.org/x/dQUt is October 18 2010.

On some of the LACRALO Bylaw WG conference calls that you attended, we
went through these very same wiki pages when discussing possible
modifications.

Also, I proposed six motions for the LACRALO GA in Costa Rica to
update our Rules of Procedure to account for the differences in the
English and Spanish versions.

See https://community.icann.org/x/hpXbAQ for links to:

- Motion to update Rule 7.3 of Spanish version of RoP to conform with
wording of Rule 7.3 of English version of RoP
- Motion to update numbering of Rule 8.1 of RoP
- Motion to update Rule 8.2 in Spanish version of RoP to conform with
wording of Rule 8.2 in English version of RoP
- Motion to update Rule 11.2 in Spanish version of RoP to conform with
Rule 11.2 in English version of RoP and update numbering of Rule 11.2
- Motion to update Rule 14.4 of RoP
- Motion to modify Rule 12.9 of RoP

You had even edited these motions on the wiki to put my name on them
in June 2012. See your edit to Rule 11 at
https://community.icann.org/x/-aXbAQ as an example.

Sincerely,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society