[lac-discuss-en] [ALAC] About NomComm

Lance Hinds brainstreetceo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 20:42:35 UTC 2012

@ Cintra +1

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Cintra Sooknanan <
cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Sergio,
>
> I tip my hat as it is very proactive of you to send this email and
> congratulate Vanda on the election result.
>
> However your email does not capture several matters pertaining to this
> election, namely:
> 1. Since our colleague Sylvia has taken up post of Secretary the spanish to
> english translation has been confusing on minor LACRALO matters as well as
> major ones (such as elections);
> 2. Several ALSes (especially new ones) had issues receiving their voting
> credentials and were unable to rectify this situation in time since the
> voting period was short (only 3 days);
> 4. There election result has been cast in doubt since the winner offered
> thanks before these results were officially announced; and
> 3. Private calls for a repeat election were declined.
>
> Further, please consider that while ALAC has always considered LACRALO
> direction on such matters; it is free to decide without prejudice the most
> appropriate candidate for the NOMCOM role. Given the current status of
> LACRALO, I consider it misleading to take any such output at face value and
> ALAC in its wisdom must consider many factors.
>
> Regards
>
> Cintra Sooknanan
>

> From: Presidencia Internauta <presidencia at internauta.org.ar>
> Date: Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:55 PM
> Subject: [ALAC] About NomComm
> To: ALAC Internal List <alac-internal at atlarge-lists.icann.org>, At-Large
> Worldwide <alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
>

> Dear Colleagues:
> I am writing to reaffirm my belief in the decisions of the region. LACRALO
> had an open election, clear and fair vote and the two candidates and we had
> chosen a candidate with most votes.
>
> For your information, the member has obtained the majority of preferences
> in  LACRALO has been Vanda Scartezini.
>
> I encourage you to support the final decision of our region, the strength
> of the decision of the user community.
>
> Thanks for your consideration.
>
> Best Regards
>
> --
>
> *Sergio Salinas Porto
> Presidente Internauta Argentina
> Asociación Argentina de Usuarios de Internet
> <http://www.internauta.org.ar>/CTA <http://www.ctamdq.org.ar>
> FLUI- Federación Latinoamericana de Usuarios de Internet
> <http://www.fuilain.org/>
> facebook:salinasporto
> twitter:sergiosalinas
> MSN/MSN YAHOO/Talk: salinasporto...
> Skype:internautaargentina
>
> Mobi:+54 9 223 5 215819*

> ALAC Working Wiki:
>
> https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+(ALAC)<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Advisory+Committee+%28ALAC%29>

Lance Hinds
Chief Technology Officer
BrainStreet Group
287 'C' Albert St.
Georgetown Guyana

This message contains information that may be privileged and/or
confidential and is the property of BrainStreet Technologies or BrainStreet
Learning. The information contained herein is intended only for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to
receive it . If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized
to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or take  any action
in reliance to the contents of this information or any part thereof and it
may be unlawful to do so. If you receive this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message from
your system. BrainStreet Technologies or BrainStreet Learning are neither
liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information
contained in this communication nor any delay in its receipt.