[lac-discuss-en] Questions for candidates for LACRALO ALAC Seat

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:58:19 UTC 2012

> Q1.  Please state and record, as clearly and as concisely as possible, your personal contributions to names and numbers policy development.

I am involved in numerous ICANN At-Large Working Groups. I :

- chaired the At-Large Structure Survey WG
(https://community.icann.org/x/ZY8i) in 2010 and presented the raw
data in a detailed spreadsheet for the WG and developed and presented
the final report.

- chaired and contributed significantly to Work Team D
(https://community.icann.org/x/2Qct) of the At-Large Improvements
(https://community.icann.org/x/zAQt) from September 2010 to March 2011
to come up with recommendations including detailed flowcharts that
were included in the At-Large Milestone Report
(https://community.icann.org/x/fAW5AQ) relating to how ALAC/At-Large
develops policies and how it requests for an extension to the public
comment period for a policy out for comment.

- participated in Work Teams A,B,C of the At-Large Improvements
(https://community.icann.org/x/zAQt) and contributed significantly to
WT-B, WT-C
to come with recommendations with detailed flowcharts that were
included in the At-Large Milestone Report
(https://community.icann.org/x/fAW5AQ)

- chairing the gTLD Review Group
(https://community.icann.org/x/u7-bAQ), which coordinates At-Large
ability to submit public comments on, and file objections to new gTLD
applications

- chairing the Technology Taskforce Working Group
(https://community.icann.org/x/FpfbAQ) which periodically reviews the
appropriateness of available technology, and to help train RALOs/ALSes
in such technologies, introduce to the ALSes selected
information-dissemination, communication and collaboration tools and
provide training and to assist with the development and implementation
of the At-Large Social Media Outreach Strategy.

- participated in the JAS Working Group from March 2011
(https://community.icann.org/x/jQWB).

- participating in the At-Large new gTLD WG
(https://community.icann.org/x/8Yoi) ; - attending all gTLD WG
meetings (https://community.icann.org/x/woKP)

- drafted the Proposal for the ALAC to submit public comments on, and
file objections to new gTLD applications
(https://community.icann.org/x/mA3PAQ) which was approved by ALAC at
the ICANN Costa Rica meeting (http://costarica43.icann.org/node/29671)

- implemented the procedure for the ALAC to submit public comments on,
and file objections to new gTLD applications
(https://community.icann.org/x/mA3PAQ) - had several meetings with
ICANN At-Large and IT Staff to work and test the new gTLD Applications
Dashboard (https://community.icann.org/x/w7-bAQ).

- submitted numerous comments to ICANN's Public Comment Focus Group
(https://community.icann.org/x/74MKAQ)

- suggested during the November 2010 LACRALO call
(https://community.icann.org/x/lAE4) to have improved translation
strategy included on ICANN's Strategic Plan

Answer to Question 2 in next email.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh