[lac-discuss-en] RES: NomCom

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Sun Aug 5 17:51:26 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: RES: NomCom
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 Sergio thanks for her nomination! Be happy to accept! Thank you very
 Sergio much for this nomination! I am glad to accept it.
 I present my reasons below. Also I am Presenting below, in English, my
 reasons to accept the nomination, to Avoid the dependence from the automatic
 translation;

 The reasons for accepting
 I, like most members of LACRALO know, I've been president of
 NomComm this year, and this year several issues, including the requirements for
 comply with ATRT, changed work relacina the previous years,
 but the actual demand NomComm members, from my point of view, are
 the following: experience with ICANN and knowledge of different
 profiles of each position NomComm to select, important yanms
 experience on how to diffusion, to convince people
 qualified to propose his name, and that to have the best names
 to ICANN, we need a large number of candidates well
 qualified.
 As some of you know, I've been in different positions in the
 ICANN (GAC, the Board of Directors, ALAC + LACRALO (and as ALAC liaison to the
 Board), the SSAC, as a member of the GNSO OSC-comitde and
 NomComm, but one of the most interesting work I get involved
 all my terms was my participation in difusiny for PROMOTION
 find new names for ICANN GAC Since I was involved with the
 work to convince new passes to participate in the Board
 I have dedicated my time to organize the scholarship program, Fellowship
 Program budget for it and get involved in the promotion
 for 3 years, promoting the idea in our community, speaking in all
 meetings and events I went, and helping to identify people
 New to become a member of our community, and the program is
 really a success for the excellent work that esthaciendo Janice.Together
 Karla Valente, the group started the DNS Women (Women in DNS), giving
 voice to women who work on the Internet in any country we go,
 seeking sponsorship and now we are having meetings with about 90
 women who present their work and make a network more sustainable. In SAAC
 started the comitde difusiny membresa for selection of
 technicians for the SSAC members (SSAC members have no support ningn
 to participate in meetings of ICANN, the technicians are selected
 to produce documents and studies as volunteers).
 In NomComm past and this year we have had the most numbers of long
 candidates, 18 candidates from our region this year, and I feel
 proud to have personally invited many of them.
 NomComm is the place for people with great experience of ICANN, as
 I think I am, and I can contribute with experience in both the
 difusiny conviction, as in the selection of the best names
 for ICANN. I'm sure our reginyms seguirtrabajando
 YMS estarn members of this region in key positions within ICANN.
 Thank you for this opportunity.
 Vanda Scartezini
 Reasons to accept
 I as the Majority of Members LACRALO knows, I Have Been chair of NomComm
 This Year, This Year and Several issues, as ATRT exigencies to Comply with,
 Different remove make the work from previous years, But the real demand for
 NomComm member, from my view, are: Experience with ICANN and the Knowledge
 Many Different profiles Each position need to NomComm to Fulfill, and yet
 more experience on how to outreach, since to have the best names for ICANN
 we need to Have a large pool of well qualified candidate.
 As you already know Some of, I Have Been In Different positions in ICANN,
 (GAC Board ALAC + LACRALO (and as liaison to the Board ALAC), SSAC,
 GNSO OSC-member of Committee and NomComm, But One of The Most interesting
 works I have done all my terms DURING was my Involvement with outreach:
 Since I Was Involved GAC outreach to convinces with new country clubs to
 Participate, at the Board I work to organize the Fellowship Program, get
 budget for it and Participate DURING 3 years Promoting the concept in our
 community, meeting and talking in every event I went, and helping to select
 persons to become new member of our community, and the program is really a
 success due the excellent job Janice is doing. Together with Karla Valente
 we started the DNS Women, giving voice to women working on the Internet in
 Any country we go, get sponsorship and now we are HAVING Meetings with
 around 90 women Presenting Their work and making a more Sustainable network.
 At SAAC we start the membership Committee to select technical and outreach
 members for the SSAC (SSAC members Have No support to Participate at ICANN
 meetings, the technical guys are selected to produce papers and studies as
 Volunteers).At last NomComm and This Year We had the two large numbers of
 candidates, candidates with 18 LAC This Year, and I am proud to Have Invited
 Personally lots of Them.
 NomComm is the place for People with ICANN large experience, as I believe I
 am, with Contributing Such outreach and experience to select the best names
 for ICANN. I am sure I will continue to work for our region and more and
 more members of This region to be seat in relevant positions in ICANN.