[lac-discuss-en] Whois, was RE: Fwd: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: ALAC Statement on the WHOIS Policy Review Team Final Report

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Thu Jun 14 05:08:02 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Whois, was RE: Fwd: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: ALAC Statement on the WHOIS Policy Review Team Final Report
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Natalia,

 as preparation for votacin WHOIS:

 On the one hand we have the brief and concise position that Olivier has sent us to represent ALAC, which is entirely favorable to the report. Serafcil climbing it with a vote of approval.

 Moreover, ESTN pblicos comments of other participants, with various shades ytnicas. Let me highlight the Andrew Sullivan, perhaps the best informed from the point technically speaking that can be found at http://forum.icann.org/lists/whois-rt-final-report/msg00004.html

 Ahvern which is very unfavorable to the report of WHOIS Policy Review Team, with some bases slidas techniques.

 I draw a single thing soon (although I recommend reading in full): ICANN needs a more comprehensive study on the policy options available to WHOIS that offered by the report, ICANN should not try to create a unique repository WHOIS, centralized, and our community has not discussed the balance of problems and benefits of a policy unique WHOIS, especially sta would be applicable equally to gTLDs and ccTLDs.

 For QUNO take this conference in a few hours to ask your opinion Robles scar, as we have as a speaker? Nothing more avsenle with anticipacin if sle going to ask this.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ! ! ! !!
 NEW PHONE NUMBER - NEW PHONE NUMBER

 FROM ABROAD +52-1-5541444475

 FROM +525541444475 MXICO

 SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM, University Avenue 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org