[lac-discuss-en] Recent LACRALO List postings

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed May 30 17:32:17 UTC 2012

Tch.  Here is a perfect example of one mistaking civility as weakness.

I have not outsourced my judgment.

The ALAC Chair's complaint and his preferred response is unfortunate.
 Disturbing as it is at a personal level, I shall make no further public
comment on its merits except to say that by his own hand, the Chair has
risked losing a moral authority to provide positive, constructive inputs as
it regards our current state of affairs.

Here's something I want known. Telling me, as if surprised, that I'm
intelligent is NOT a compliment to me. Intelligence is a default attribute
by virtue of family and an expensive and thorough liberal education.
 Furthermore, having spent a lot of living in the North, I am familiar with
the conversational codes.  And every shade of their meanings.

Here's something else. My father long ago taught me being asked to turn the
other cheek in the face of a grievous assault is itself an assault on top
of that battery.  For the person giving that advice has a wish for me to
spit teeth!

The proper response to this further assault was also advised.

Roosevelt King is certainly capable of looking out for himself. In my case, I
was libeled and my reputation sullied.

The facts provide an absolute defense. I have given notice that I shall
expose the stupidity by responding to the list.  Enough time has passed for
those involved to inform themselves and at minimum, publicly accept the
error.

I have a life and living outside of this ICANN business. My living comes
principally from knowledge works.  My reputation forms part of the value
proposition for those who become clients.  It should therefore be easy to
follow how very important it is to my existence.

In view of recent comments and allegations, we reserve and insist on the
right to protect our livelihood and respond at a time of our choosing.

- Carlton Samuels

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799