[lac-discuss-en] my comments related the ammendment

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Sat Mar 3 22:39:01 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: my comments related the ammendment
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 Here my analysis to share with you all related to the Proposal Amendments. I
 am not sure my due if I commit with NOMCOMM will will be Able to Participate
 in all sessions, so I Decided to share my opinions are With All of you.

 Point I have something to say in highlight below.

 Thanks

 VANDA

 Points Proposed by one group

 My comments

 1) the right to vote in ALSes of affairs LACRALO Determined by a
 minimum level of participation

 This is positive

 2) working languages \u200b\u200bFrench and Portuguese expanded to

 I dont see need and may be too expensive. But this is not a main concern '.
 (But I dont see APRALO working in the more than 20 languages \u200b\u200bThey Have
 there

 3) Removes the concept of operating by consensus
 > From my point of view this is one of ICANNs Principle Against build
 consensus

 4) creation of Vice President

 Those persons can not be added to the normal representation without at ALAC
 the decision of ALAC itself. Not for LACRALO to decide. See also below on
 item 8

 5) terms of President and Vice President for two terms of eligible 2
 Each years

 This make some sense, since representation in ALAC Demands Some degree of
 learning, so one year is short term indeed. But the second term Shall Be
 one year to allow Others to Participate.

 6) creation position of Vice Secretariat

 Same vice president of

 7) LACRALO would serve to elect 2 persons and 2 Others on ALAC as Their

 respective alternates (diversity not apply to Marshall Requirements Elected
 ALAC member and Their alternate).

 I disagree - diversity Shall apply. The Principles of ICANN states on
 diversity.The concentration of persons from just one country for instance,
 Neither is not safe for the Democratic organization. (Imagine if the two
 Mexico and Brazil big country clubs decide to make a strong movement to take
 over this group, can be all the control positions) really not safe. Must
 Have diversity.

 8) The alternate or deputy can assume the ALAC rep in case of Any
 Inability of the primary ALAC rep

 I Believe This Shall be submitted to ALAC, We can not decide the next time
 member sat to ALAC meeting is another

 9) the ALAC member can be re-Elected for a two year term 2nd

 Reelection has the Same Principle 1 year for second term to allow Others to
 Participate.

 10) creation of a LACRALO LACRALO Directory Board with administrative or
 and operative functions. This will Comprise the persons Elected in LACRALO
 (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Deputy Secretary, the two LACRALO
 Elected Representatives and Their alternates to ALAC) and five Policy
 Directors who would lead Different working groups within The LACRALO and in
 Selecting members within The charge of Their working groups.Policy Directors
 would be Elected by the General Assembly by simple Majority.

 In my opinion This Will mean too much and not generals to command Troops
 Impact but no at all.

  3 would be good one member of Caribbean region and two from Latin
 region too keep at Same Time diversity and be reasonable (there is no
 members that really works much in so I dont LACRALO believe it will be
 enough groups to work under 5 policy directors). But not so relevant

 11) Establishing elections can take place That Virtually

 This is good, but needs clear tools available to Avoid Must be one member
 to vote for all the ALS under ITS command - Allow This only after
 check the security of the tool.

 12) Amendments would be applicable to Existing mandates of President,
 Secretary

 I am not in behalf of That, only if WAS To Have Just One More year term.

 Application of the change in benefice of the Existing Elected members looks
 manipulation.

 Same people can be candidate and be Elected, But Extending the mandate,
 looks not Democratic. Thats the way ditactors use to keeping in place
 Totally Against.

 13) The constitution of the Board of LACRALO be Held after the first
 Immediately election to be Held at the time of These Amendments be approved.

 Not so relevant.

 Vanda Scartezini

 Acesse: http://nomcom.icann.org and candidate-it!

 Access: http://nomcom.icann.org and apply!

 Polo Consulting Associates

 IT Trend

 Alameda Santos 1470 conj. 1407

 01418-903 So Paulo, SP, Brazil

 Tel + 5511 3266.6253

 Mob + 55118181.1464

 Dissemine this idia:

 Enter or domain ao telefone do research.

 Domain dialing

 Descrio: Descrio: Siter-16-square.png <http://www.siter.com>
 www.siter.com

[[--Original text (es)