[lac-discuss-en] =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Invitation = F3n_a_la_reuni = F3n_/_con? == Iso-8859-1? Q? Ferencia_LACRALO_CR_eventos_el_jueves_23_de_febrero_de_201? == Iso-8859-1? Q? 2_a_las_20 = 3A00_UTC? =

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Thu Feb 23 17:26:03 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Iso-8859-1? Q? Invitation = F3n_a_la_reuni = F3n_/_con? == Iso-8859-1? Q? Ferencia_LACRALO_CR_eventos_el_jueves_23_de_febrero_de_201? == Iso-8859-1? Q? 2_a_las_20 = 3A00_UTC? =
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 LACRALO colleagues,

 I am trying to solve a scheduling order to participate in the meeting today. Not sure it succeeds. The position of ISOC Mxico that I can advance them is as follows:

 1. General Assembly. The General Assembly must take place to solve problems that require substantive LACRALO presence of members in the same place. This comes down mainly to the revision of statutes (bylaws).

 2. In bylaws have issues that should be of easy solution (remote participation in meetings rather than necessarily be in person, with due authentication, limits the number of "proxies" for person, etc.). very difficult times to resolve issues (geographic regions, "affirmative action" to over-represent sub-regions, etc..), and whom, perhaps we can resolve issues with a good effort.I understand that Natalia Enciso esthaciendo heads a group that this analysis. We must support this work.

 3. We propose that the President formed a working group to develop pluralistic and focused agenda - the order of day time plan of directors - to the General Assembly. In ste group can consider the proposal that caused controversy in the last conference call, as to "know better" and other things that were not defined at length.

 4. Capacitacin. We believe the training will be focused more on issues that make a difference for sutantivos Internet users in the long term. That is, we propose to spend hours not learn to manage the wiki and take time to sse a course on whois, PDP, how DNS works, structure of the domain name industry, how it works the NomCom and the process of selection of interantes the Board and the Boards of ICANN, etc.. We made this proposal in the working group will continue capacity-building and trying to help develop it.

 5. Showcase.The most important of serprobar showcase the relevance of our organizations, connecting the relevance and achievements in our usual tasks (intervencin in Public policies and legal changes, education, creation of telecentres etc.). with our relevance in ICANN.

 Aportacin Ojalesta help define and advance our work today.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM, University Avenue 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 Ph. +52- (1) -55-5105-6044, +52- (1) -55-5418-3732

 * My blog / My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 * LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
 * Join the LinkedIn group UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 * Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty