[lac-discuss-en] Inclusion of New ALSes to participate in the ICANN meeting No 43

José Francisco Arce josefranciscoarce at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:14:56 UTC 2012

Dear Cintra, all,
                       We are doing, with Dev, the due diligent of  ALSes,
that it will be send ASAP to ALAC to be approve o not . But I would like to
something regarding this item, we know the important of make the
integration of all ALSes we can, specially those who you named, but like
Fatima said, they are not certificate yet, so we have to wait to ALAC
desicion until try to get funding for them. Even, I did not received any
mail from staff about ISOC TT application, only for Ecuadorian Association
for Free Software, the National Association for Digital Inclusion from
Ecuador and the Association for Notary Public Professionals.

I look forward your thoughts ...

Kind Regards

José Arce.-

2012/2/7 Cintra Sooknanan <cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com>

> Dear All,
>
> Please see below my email to Jose and Dev regarding the inclusion of
> pending Lacralo Alses, these should be chartered by the Costa Rica Meeting
> date.
>
> Their attendance is crucial particularly for the case of  the Association
> for Notary Public Professionals which will the be the only ALS in
> Uruguay. The purpose of the GA and Showcase is to ensure participation and
> to reach out to ALSes and it is particularly important for new Alses to
> have this contact. I hope this can be raised now, even if (for whatever
> reason) it was not initially considered.
>
> I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this point.
>
> Regards
>
> Cintra Sooknanan
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Cintra Sooknanan <
> cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Jose and Dev,
> >
> > This is a short note to confirm my discussion with Dev earlier today.
> >
> > With regard to the internal LACRALO survey that was sent out to gauge
> > engagement and participation by ALSes to this event, you would be well
> > aware that there are several pending LACRALO ALSes. These include the
> > Ecuadorian Association for Free Software, the National Association for
> > Digital Inclusion, the Association for Notary Public Professionals in
> > Uruguay and the Internet Society Trinidad and Tobago Chapter. These new
> > ALSes are the ones that will gain the most from LACRALO's events as they
> > are new without previous bias, require significant capacity building and
> > come with a fresh perspective.
> >
> > Whilst I do appreciate that there are budget considerations we must be
> > careful not to prematurely cut-off inclusion. Therefore, I do hope that
> you
> > will see the importance of factoring and counting these ALSes to join us
> at
> > the table in Costa Rica.
> >
> > Look forward to discussing this further tomorrow.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Cintra

Ab. Arce, Jose Francisco
+ 54 9 351  6788920