[lac-discuss-en] . Change Request CAT WHOIS

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Mon Jan 23 16:00:59 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re:. Change Request CAT WHOIS
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Dear Carlton, colleagues,

 thousand graciaspor this aportacin allowing critical to initiate some discussions LACRALO. Haralgunos comments with the minimum of encouraging the participation of the real experts:

 1. be very valuable complement the points made by Carlton with views based on the tradition of positive law and the laws and PROTECTION PRACTICE of existing data or process passes "Latinos" of our community (ie, does not only in the "common law").

 2. anonymity and privacy of the corporations were the subject of interesting discussions at the 33rd. PROTECTION authorities reunin of data Mxico held in late 2011 and two conference partner of The Public Voice and the OECD (the last to find frames armonizacin policy). I think many of us find it natural that corporations can not claim the same rights of privacy and anonymity of individuals.However I have a question: qupasa with NGOs or CSOs that may be endangered by their positions POLICIES, and therefore may be putting at risk the individuals within them?

 3. I am happy that the discusin includes both the standpoint of the social individual or organization at risk (which leads us to seek the maximum of anonymity and privacy) as the victim of it as a misconduct, which leads us to seek the maximums of identification of those responsible for it. Difcil Ahestsealado the balance to be achieved.

 4. It will be very useful for someone with expertise could jurdico we illustrate the details of the request. Cat to become very particular the position resulting from the discussions. While. Cat is a record pequeoy has little - but not zero - Amrican presence in America and the Caribbean, is an advanced registry and on the other hand, as all, each SHARE of this type creates a relevant precedent.

 Best regards.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
     Dr.Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM, University Avenue 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 Ph. +52- (1) -55-5105-6044, +52- (1) -55-5418-3732

 * My blog / My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 * LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
 * Join the UNAM group on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 * Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty