[lac-discuss-en] Teleconference 19/01/2012

josefranciscoarce at gmail.com josefranciscoarce at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:36:16 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Teleconference 19/01/2012
 From: josefranciscoarce at gmail.com

 * Estimated LACRALO companions *:

 As you know many of you these past weeks I was absent for
 an important personal problem, which comes from mid-year 2011.
 I thank all those who were always and still apoyndome
 ydndome hacindolo forces, and that you will never lost faith in me every time
 they needed to know something.

 Today I will be unable to attend the conference for the same
 and ask why the apology necessary, but I want to leave some lines
 informative than in LACRALO estpasando and next steps
 regardless of what happens in today's call.

 1) General Meeting and Program for members of LACRALO capacitacin in
 Costa Rica: As SABRN the last year have made an application to Dev
 funds so they can go all ALS representatives of these
 events so important to Regina this time.On the day of yesterday
 ask the chair of ALAC lord status report to peticin
 have it in today's call, but can not as it seems that the
 Finance comitde not even take a RESOLUTION about it. Given this
 situacin, taking into account the height of the year, you may not be
 approved by at Fátima that Dev and made the order for FY13 of
 funds to the General Assembly together with the regional IGF. Topic
 to secure and develop the conference today.

 2) Show Case: Some time ago many representatives are ALSes
 manifestndose against the implemen of ShowCase, if not
 receive funds for the implemen of activities listed in the
 previous point. I personally and publicly, I support
 make the event, but I can not stop listening to the many voices
 manifest with total consistency.You start to see some issues
 organization, ISOC Carlos Watson Costa Rica, estaveriguando of music
 live and dance groups for my order, I also collected
 information from various ALS shall ask them to collect all information
 of ALSes and photos and a short video if you can, if not more than 5 minutes
 telling who they are and their activities and because estn in LACRALO.
 At the previous conference proposed a vote by the Regina
 Executed Showcase not as controversial when the situation,
 I think we should use the mechanisms of decision that we have for these
 issues. However further progress in the organization, if
 perhaps, I propose that this be discussed at the meeting today. I then
 listen to audio.
 3) New gTLDs: Like all the application period SABRN abriy much
 is running under the river. Aqule leave some links for you to see and
 estn aware of to be happening and the different voices:
 1 .- The gua:
 http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/agb/guidebook-full-11jan12-en.pdf

 Summary of changes LAST:
 http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/agb/summary-changes-applicant-guidebook-11jan12-en.pdf
 2 .-

 3 .- http://blog.stephenwolfram.com/2012/01/a-data-top-level-internet-domain/
 4 .- http://fora.tv/2012/01/11/ICANN_The_Next_Big_thing_New_Top-Level_Domains
 5 .- http://newgtlds.icann.org/
 Asmismo Dev did a great job and show up at the call of 9
 New gTLDs January we were involved, about which way the
 ComitAsesor At-Large (ALAC) to consider a request for a objecina
 gTLDs and ICANN financiacin get fees at the SUBMISSION
 of objections. Congratulations !!!!! Dev
 Theme of the new gTLDs that should be played in today's teleconference.

 4) Quorum of calls: As we all ATRS SABRN few months ago I
 personally, being in the transcriptions, comment preocupacin of
 LACRALO that each call comes in 8 ALS looking for quorum present,
 asya cuestin is not that our laws say otherwise and after
 much searching and ask the staff carried out document tambinbsqueda
 to the contrary, has not been found. Cuestin we solve
 as soon as possible reform to remedy this situation.
 Issue that must be played in today's teleconference.

 5) Bylaws: Consistent with the previous point, in the upcoming das
 will return personally this particular point. I hope the comments
 and list of all members of the workgroup.

 6) WHOIS: The PUBLIC comment period for this report
 comments. Expires March 18, there is time. Hopefully we can add in this
 issue even more. Squee Fátima, Natalie and Rachel estn working with issues
 WHOIS and estn doing a good job.

 Regards

 Jose Arce .-

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/c24a83b917.html