[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO Proposal for FY13 ; multi-day workshop at LACIGF August 2012

Cintra Sooknanan cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:53:54 UTC 2012

Hello Dev and other team members,

Sorry for the late reply on this, but as you may know ISOC Trinidad and
Tobago Chapter is hosting a series of seminars this week with Sebastien
Bachollet as our guest speaker talking about ICANN, gTLDs, online
protection of children and online privacy.

Dev, really thank you for picking up the reigns on this your contribution
is very important and valued. Just one observation that in the past ICANN
finance staff has suggested that in defining a multi year strategy (as we
did last year), as long as the budget is approved for the previous year
this  means there is a greatly increased chance of getting funding in the
other years.

But, there are some significant changes to your agenda than what was
proposed and accepted as our multi year plan. Please see
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?authkey=CISn_MwJ&key=0Agb5mu5Ukb2vdGNiTWd5WUVfYXVDQ3JWSkpLQzZCWUE&hl=en_GB&authkey=CISn_MwJ#gid=5.
I agree that gTLDs are an important topic, and certainly ICANN will be
diverting some funds and have their own mechanism for promoting the
program.

Also Idid not hear anything from the group that we should divert from the
multi year plan submitted and accepted (in part) last year.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Warm regards and hope to share the video of ISOCTT's presentation very soon!

Cintra Sooknanan