[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: ALAC Statement on the New gTLDs

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Thu Dec 29 18:07:41 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Fwd: ALAC Statement on the New gTLDs
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Sergio,

 the thing is so severe that I will quote Milton Mueller ... http://blog.internetgovernance.org/blog/_archives/2011/12/29/4968272.html makes it very clear I think what I said - and I'm not the only one, and who know me know that for me located on the same side in a cuestin Milton take much.

 We do not have to share the same view: l has long made clear that his is liberal, not democrtico.

 We need not "believe" in the benefits of a large increase in the number of gTLDs or few.

 We must believe in our own processes.

 If we believe that the process or our principles or interests have been violated in a serious way and decide we have to put even our universe out of ICANN.

 I do not think debammos to join emprersas corporate interests that had ALL the necessary information and all the opportunities to intervene in the ltimoms conceivable 15 years, even if expressed to travs character of government and institutions join respected by all as the Red Cross or - quizs - the YMCA.

 The more I think we can do is ask the ICANN Board extreme caution not to give ilegtimos interests and quizs to join the fledgling initiative Avri Doria to establish a surveillance "citizen" on the process, but I think in a more profound ANALYSIS find that it is also something duplicacin who are already agreed processes: ICANN ARE monitoring it, and we have to most relevant to our role in the process insertndonos knowledge and dedication.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM, University Avenue 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 Ph. +52- (1) -55-5105-6044, +52- (1) -55-5418-3732

 * My blog / My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 * LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
 * Join the UNAM group on LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 * Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty