[lac-discuss-en] whois

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 18:19:00 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: whois
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Dear,

 There follows a brief summary accompanying the issue under
 Comment (Preliminary Report on Thick Whois Issue) and the culture is
 view favored us stupid. Quizs we can therefore provide a
 posiciny understand about Quse esthablando.
 In the elaboration of this summary and worked with me Natalia Enciso
 Raquel Gatto.

 To better understand the issue on which we are required
 opinions (* Preliminary
 Issue Report on Thick Whois *) is to be linked to a series of
 related documents.

 One of them is relative to the Inter-Registrar Transfer * Policy (IRTP) .*

 *
 *

 The objective of IRTP is to provide a simple mechanism for
 domain name holders to transfer their names from the Register
 ICANN accredited to another.

 The GNSO Council estrevisando and considering revisions to this
 Policy How to travs a series of working groups that have been
 established to lead these efforts.

 The Working Group submit it IRTP Part B Final Report in May this
 year.

 The Working Group IRTP Part B made two recommendations:

 Recommendation to the * 8 *: on the clarificacin normalizaciny
 Whois status messages regarding the Lock Register (Registrar Lock).

 The * Recommendation to 9, Part 2 *: on a new disposicin
 to lock and unlock the domain name.

 In the relationship * 8 * Recommendation to the GNSO Council prior resolvique
 Recommendation to consider this, ask the ICANN Staff to provide
 a proposal to ensure a viable approach to technician
 be developed to comply with this Recommendation to. The staff must have
 into account the deliberations of the Working Group relationship IRTP Part B
 this cuestin.

 The aim of these changes is to clarify quel lock has been
 ycmo applied this can be changed.

 After the hotfix the proposed plan, the GNSO study possibility
 Recommendation to approve the.

 (We are interested for the purpose of the Whois Recommendation to 8. Includes the
 Recommendation to corresponding 9 which deals with another topic
 Comment also subjected to public, and which expires on December 31).

 In relationship with the * Recommendation to 9, Part 2, * the GNSO Council,
 consideracin resolviantes of the approval from the Recommendation to
 Establishing the reason negacin of 7 must be replaced by
 adicin a new disposicin in a different section of the IRTP on
 Cundo ycmo domains can be locked or unlocked, for it
 The GNSO Council requires the ICANN Staff to provide a proposal
 this new disposicin, taking into account the IRTP Part 2. After the
 hotfix for the proposal, the GNSO Council study possible
 Recommendation to approve.

 * Returning to Issue Preliminary Report on Thick Whois *, this report
 question is whether the requirement must be applied thick Whois
 slo-holders all gTLDs in the context of the IRTP, or also
 consider other positive and negative effects that may occur outside the
 IRTP which must be taken into account in deciding whether a requirement of thick
 Whois for all holders of gTLDs is desirable or not.

 To understand Quse refer to * thick * and * Whois Whois thin *:

 With * all * thick Whois Whois data relating to
 registracin are maintained by the Registry. * While with thin
 Whois * The only information that is maintained by the Registry is
 current
 IDENTIFICATION registraciny of the Register of who the sponsor;
 the rest of the SPECIFIC informaciny relating to the Registrant's
 kept by the Registrar, Whois making a comprehensive database
 distributed.

 We must remember that there exists within ICANN to date, standard
 or thick or thin demands on Whois, but how to provide
 the service is managed by each Registry. In thin PRACTICE offers *
 Whois *, VeriSign for gTLDs such as. Com and. Net. (And. Jobs and. Name). To
 the largest of the gTLD Whois offered thick (some slo after
 payment of such service).

 The Preliminary Report of the GNSO Council reports on the possible
 Whois thick requirement for all owners of gTLDs before
 that the Council vote on whether to initiate a process
 Policy How Development (PDP) on this topic.

 * A * ALAC asked if he supports the proposal to initiate this process
 Development Policy How or not.

 With respect to * Background * to understand the Preliminary Report Issue
 Thick Whois on in the context of the IRTP Part A and Part B also
 Working Group, the issue was discussed Whois thick and observtbNL> that: The benefit may be that in a thick registry may
 develop a safe method for a Registrar to gain access to
 the registrant's contact information (registrant).

 Currently there is no safe method for sharing details
 registrant in a thin registry.

 In this scenario, the disputes between the registrant and contact
 administration may be reduced because the registrant is ultimately
 approving a transfer.

 Despite thick Whois is required for all owners of gTLDs,
 may have benefits in the context of transfers, this can
 be important to explore any other potential positive consequence
 or negative that may occur outside the IRTP, which must be taken into
 account.

 As a result the IRTP working group recommended to apply for a Part B
 problem reporting requirements for all thick Whois
 holders gTLDs.

 For a possible Development Process Policy How not to be slo
 considered a possible requirement for thick Whois for all owners
 gTLDs in the context of the IRTP, but also must be considered
 any other possible positive or negative result can be
 Whois thick outside, which might be taken into account when deciding
 if a thick Whois requirement for all owners of gTLDs is
 desirable or not.

 This Recommendation to was adopted by the GNSO Council on 22 September
 2011.

 * Concluding remarks
 *

 *
 *

 We must remember that now for most of the gTLDs are
 thick provides Whois service. For new gTLDs also esttbNL> scheduled to be offered under thick Whois. VeriSign offers thin Slo
 Whois for. Com and. Net, and the. Jobs. and. net.There is no standard or
 ICANN demands on this issue, but that way you
 PRACTICE estmanejando the agreement and decides MoAb each Registry.

 One of the characteristics is to have a thick Whois database
 centrally. While for thin Whois database exists
 decentralized. Therefore it is necessary to clear up a chain of
 responsibility does not stop many times that msy time delay
 may involve the loss of a right for a holder of a name
 domain.

 To take a position must be located from the perspective of
 Internet end-users and not from the perspective of privacy
 registrant. Since from an end user must ask if
 more interested in the privacy of your information to register a domain name
 or the possibility of having to go fifth in the event that a
 estinvolucrado domain name in ALGN abuse or illicit.There is a
 interspblico involved in meeting such holders of a name
 also estcomprometida domain because of a security jurdica
 system when needed to identify the operator in case of
 necessary for such purposes. While this was not the original function
 assigned to Whois, the PRACTICE demostrque was used for the purpose of
 such investigations.

 In accordance with the foregoing, we find it convenient
 initiate the Development Process Policy How proposed.

 The Development Process Policy How to deberrealizar, debertbNL> investigate whether the data for registration of a domain name contained in
 Whois is considered sensitive personal data or in the passes in the
 which are in force contracts with ICANN to determine whether
 Whois thick requiring such data may or may not be processed,
 publicaciny transfer. ALAC may contribute to such RESEARCH
 and discusin from the perspective of end users of Internet.

 Also the Development Process Policy How should you start
 determined, whatever the position is taken, thick Whois or
 Whois thin as demand forward, if that rule applies
 retroactively to the domain names that are already
 registered, or applied forward to the new domains to register.

 Regards,

 Fatima

 On December 22, 2011 10:40 Internauta presidency Argentina <
 presidencia at internauta.org.ar> escribitbNL>

> Estimados compañeros:
> Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Presidente de la ALAC, ha convocado a
> realizarcomentarios sobre el proyecto de "Declaración de ALAC en el
> Informe sobre el temapreliminar <https://community.icann.org/x/mAnPAQ>de
> Whois<https://community.icann.org/x/mAnPAQ>"
> <https://community.icann.org/x/mAnPAQ>en preparación para el inicio del
> proceso de ratificación del ALAC.
>
> Tenemos tiempo de enviar comentarios hasta el viernes 23 de diciembre de
> 2011, 11:59 UTC(se que es poco, pero es lo que hay). Luego de eso se
> pondrá a votación, previo envío de credenciales a natalia y a mi, por un
> lapso de cinco días.
> Saludos cordiales
> --
>
> *
>
> Sergio Salinas Porto Presidente Internauta Argentina Asociación
> Argentina de Usuarios de Internet <http://www.internauta.org.ar>-CTA-
> <http://www.ctamdq.org.ar>FLUI- Federación Latinoamericana de Usuarios
> de Internet <http://www.fuilain.org>ICANN/LACRALO - ALAC Member
> facebook:salinasporto twitter:sergiosalinas MSN/MSN YAHOO/Talk:
> salinasporto... Skype:internautaargentina Mobi:+54 9 223 5 215819
>
> *
>
> *
>
> "Ojalá podamos ser desobedientes, cada vez que recibimos órdenes que
> humillan nuestra conciencia o violan nuestro sentido común" -Eduardo
> Galeano-
>
> *

> http://www.lacralo.org

 * Fatima Cambronero *
 Attorney-Argentina
 Director of Research
 * Argentina * AGEIA DENSI
 http://ar.ageiadensi.org/

 * * @ Facambronero

 * Join the LACRALO / ICANN discussions: *
 https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/4efb1b7f18.html