[lac-discuss-en] Senegal Summary Part I (One)

jumaropi at yahoo.com jumaropi at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 05:39:25 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Senegal Summary Part I (One)
 From: jumaropi at yahoo.com

 Thank you very much for that report,
 very complete.

 I will join the WG improvements.

 JUAN MANUEL ROJAS P
 AGEIA DENSI COLOMBIA

 Ubuntu user number # 33469
 Registered Linux user # 533108.

 ________________________________
 From: Jose Francisco Arce <josefranciscoarce at gmail.com>
 To: Spanish LACRALO <lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
 Subject: [lac-discuss-en] Summary of Senegal Part I (One)

 * Estimated Region: *

 I send the summary of the meeting
 Dakar, based on the translation of our list, conducted in
 short paragraphs and send him on two separate mail.

 * *

 * Summary Senegal ICANN Meeting Number 42 *

 At this time I want them to get everything that happened at the meeting
 Dakar. In summarizing briefly the case of many things that happened .**

 * The complete agenda of the week: *
 https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Dakar+-+Meetings+Schedule+23-28+October+2011

 * In General: *

 1 .- Africa was conducting a training program for its ALS
 intensive training every day continuously.

 2 .- The African region held its General Assembly, through Europe and
 LATIN AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN donated $ 25,000 each, ie had
 an additional budget of $ 75,000.

 3 .- There were problems with a particular hotel to be stories to
 have.But in my case in particular touched me so much I went back to
 my country on Wednesday by the lack of response from the organization.

 * Week&#39;s Meeting: *

 * On October 23, 2011: *

 Sunday and for those who do not know is the day of ALAC provided in this
 ALAC days all day has absolutely ALAC issues.

 Domingoempezó with ALAC and the Regional Leadership working. Session 1

 a. - Where will the presentations by the presidents and vice
 regions and spoke of the coming challenges of the different regions,
 and the tasks being carried out.

 b. - After he talked with us, &quot;Scott Pinzon&quot; director of
 marketing and outreach of ICANN, a very interesting talk, where I talk
 the budget for the dissemination of new gTLDs (very important issue
 for us, as users should have as much information as possible
 about them) in which they have invested one million dollars and a half
 dissemination for awareness of them and appoint all that is
 doing, new web, brochures, press coverage, videos, FAQs, events
 live and made it clear that companies hire for dissemination
 is complicated from the logistical to the legal to be comprehensive and cover
 worldwide, so it was a decision that makes ICANN dissemination.

 Also Scott called for support for ALAC in broadcasting. And remarks that
 all material so far done this in 6 languages, the UN
 Together. So we must advise us in order to advise the
 community to prevent conduct against them and especially
 registrars with false promises.

 c. - After talking MattAshtiani (ICANN STAFF) the feature ALAC and outreach
 that since the meeting in Singapore the number of Facebook friends had
 increased by 600% and the number of twitter followers had increased
 a% 1300. As you begin to think that&#39;s what&#39;s next and how to improve
 all of this example is multipleshastags, youtube accounts, posts, has
 Flickr. And where the conclusion was that it is difficult to focus on a single
 social environment as different regions have different preferences in
 media (challenges).

 d. - SherilLandon: I speak of the working group &quot;CCI&quot; of choice
 consumers (consumerchoice, competition and innovation). Mention was made
 document &quot;Affirmation of Commitment&quot; as key to development
 participation in the discussions, the promotion of competition
 market in the DNS, and that policies made on the basis that a
 the public interest.* Where the focus of this working group to establish
 definitions, measures and targets to ensure competition,
 confidence and consumer choice in the market for domain names
 (In the context of new gTLDs) .*

 There was discussion regarding who is considered a consumer, if that
 acquired a domain name or wider, the conclusion is to be
 understood in its broad concept. The aim of the working group is
 ICANN provide guidance on how to manage and measure the effectiveness of impact
 of new gTLDs, bone trying to measure the impact and effectiveness of
 According to the above parameters. And the final report should be
 considered by other constituencies.

 The first proposal for this working group was a definition of *
 * Competition is the next &quot;isevident in thequantity and diversity of
 gTLDs and registrars tldregistryoperators. &quot; Likewise a definition of *
 * Customer: &quot;Internet user and registrants&quot;, which mentioned the
 work of international groups such as the &quot;International Group
 of consumers. &quot;The definition of consumer confidence: &quot;refer to the
 registrants and user confidence in the consistency Can Have of name
 resolution (from register to registry), and the degree of confidence Among
 That a user registrants and tld registry operator&#39;s purpose is fullfilingit
 and is complying with ICANN Policies and applicable national laws &quot;.

 The summary is that the working group wants to evaluate the lasopciones
 Number of users and providers before and after the new gTLDs and
 see how the market behaves and in what way will the distribution
 losregistradores geographical.

 e. - Then we were discussing the atlarge improvement projects,
 already has working groups in action some improvements focused on
 and others in the continuous involvement of ALS.

 There was talk of sanctions ALAC members if
 breach of the duties of the members of ALAC. Where Evan and
 Carlton explained because they voted against. Carlton says that can not be
 sanction a volunteer. Tijiani says he does not agree, because
 You can stop the progression of an organism by the inaction of people.

 I personally add the &quot;working group&quot; for improvemnet and is
 open to all. (The hope).

 f. - He touched the issue of JAS working group, which had a session
 Monday important we attend your request and all supporting
 acknowledging their work. Carlton talk a little about the history of the group,
 that began in Mexico in 2009. ICANN encourages the development of records
 desarrollo.ICANN world that is giving $ 2 million for
 performing the task.

 g. - I also speak Cristina Rodríguez (in charge of translations in
 ICANN), a person extremely friendly and hardworking. We comment, as they
 Sylvia had gone ahead, there will be translation for &quot;group
 work, &quot;great news for us, we celebrated ¡!!!!!, but with the
 condition to participate in this working group at least 3
 Spanish speakers. WHAT WE ASK PEOPLE TO WORK NOW ¡!!!!!

 There was also talk of the translation system of lists and how little
 little is improving, were asked not to write very long paragraphs of
 the most understandable to the rest and that the translation is not
 more difficult. Sergio proposed a manual on how to make an email.

 h. He spoke of new gTLDs, also the working group started in
 Mexico (  https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/New+GTLDs*)

 There are two wiki to make comments and ask questions that
 registrars, normal people want to make a recorder.

 I. Open Ended Working Group (WG)

 1 .- On technology: In ipv6 domain names and technical part. What
 kind of tools you can use atlarge. We are with the
 confluence tool.

 2 .- Review (wg improvements) ALAC policies and atlarge: that way
 seek the comments, look at the site of ICANN At-Large Policy
 Development Page:
 https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page.
 Has a link to the Policy Advice Development (PAD) Schedule.

 It is said that would be good to send notifications of the issues before
 that is placed on public comment to allow more time to read and polish
 the return for higher quality.

 There is also talk of finding and identifying the professions of the members and
 to consult on specific topics.

 J. - Update &quot;DSSA&quot;: analysis of safety and stability
 DNS.

 We spoke in scope and poisoning, can bring down the architecture.
 DNS attacks and changes DNS settings with characters
 like. There is a dnssec working group only deals with issues of
 the root.

 * (See slides - is the command to which you are interested) .*

 K. - We spoke also of the assistance of ALAC members of the other
 meetings, not only of the ALAC, other contituency. It was emphasized
 there are not many who make reports of other meetings. It was thought
 skype that can be advanced and if reports are well done stick
 in the wiki or something.

 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aui687q_CPPMdGVaQ003MUdxZGdoSlpfcDE5T2lLZ1E&hl=en_US#gid=0

 https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+Meetings

 L. - We then had AFRALO Show Case. Where we could enjoy a great
 event. AFRALO was the first region to organize and this time again
 done with great success. Now it&#39;s up to us. I welcome your ideas for
 do a great job. We ¡!!!! Region

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/66b374f329.html