[lac-discuss-en] Senegal Summary Part II (Two)

josefranciscoarce at gmail.com josefranciscoarce at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 22:50:52 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Senegal Summary Part II (Two)
 From: josefranciscoarce at gmail.com

 * He gives October 24, 2011: *

 * A. *- was the day I speak for the morning JAS working group, where he
 a very good report of all that estpasando and requesting support and
 RESOLUTION promptly by the Board.

 * B. - * Despus had our monthly reunin. In the same statement the
 developments that were taking place in the meeting. We reviewed the
 estn topics currently in public, and comments highlight the issues
 that are priorities in the region that we must move ASAP.

 * C. - * There NARALO meetings where an issue was it the
 problems posed by the case of ccTLDs Puerto Rico. **

 * *

 * He gives October 25, 2011: *

 * A. - * Reunin APRALO monthly. Personally I could not participate .**

 * B. - * Reunin Latin Americans.Spanish speaking together to Aqunos
 talk about how to do outreach YMS to see how to make to engage
 more people in the reginy try to bring people to Costa Rica. They speak of
 scholarship programs and future initiatives and how they impact ICANN
 in the participation .**

 * C. - * Reunin with the Board: We had a gathering with the Board on the morning
 early. Aquse preset themes discussed. Plan strategically to
 ICANN 2012-2015, JAS group and the qualities required
 upcoming CEO of ICANN, and others .**

 * D. - * Reunin with GAC: We met with the GAC and treatment of
 Conflict of Interest; JAS working group and how can the GAC
 and ALAC working together to act on behalf of interspblico. **

 * *

 * He gives October 26, 2011: *

 * A. -* Reunin of regional LEADERS: In the first instance speak to Dev
 desertification of ALS. He spoke of the initiatives
 regions and what was discussed at the last conference of the
 secretaries and presidents.Some, myself included, we
 desertificacin against because we believe that the ALS can provide in
 particular issues at some time.

 And he made it clear that the real interest is that the inactivity of the
 ALS does not affect the time of the quorum.

 My attitude was: If there is a process of sancin desertificacino the same
 must be precise in two ways (TERMS clear - time) and
 (Procedure and clear processes). The dems should be consistent with the
 discussed in ALAC, ie sancin procedure for members
 ALAC who do not work. He made it clear that is ALS who must
 desertify make the Decision of the ALS and ALAC. Several agree
 that the energies should be focused on encouraging and see quhacer to generate
 commitment.

 * -* B. participaciny Reunin of Transportation: aquhablaron Filiz Yilmaz
 Senior Director, Participation and Engagement, Scott Pinzon, Director,
 Marketing & Outreach and Mandy Carver, Deputy General Manager, Global
 Partnerships.

 This is establecicomunicacin reunin Silvia Vivanco de Pera
 which welcomed him, which estartrabajando with us (she is
 ICANN staff).

 Aqutambin are discussed various initiatives, in which I
 personal contribution we must address two challenge yourself, one with ALS
 estny and the other with the incoming ALS to ensure the participation.
 With respect to that income in the future set out to create a course
 distance to be taken by the ALS incoming material and
 this, you just have to coordinate and edit it, and also tutors
 distances, which could help entrants in SPECIFIC issues which
 respond and advise by mail. The idea is that entrants have a
 comprehensive picture can have the mail of the referents of the various
 issues.

 * C. -* Reunin ALAC / NCSG.

 Agenda: 1. Notes on the analysis of the evolution of the JAS group and the future of the group
 work (AC / SO). a. Objections hotfix procedures
 TLD and possible future actions of working groups.

 2.The strengthening multiple stakeholder model of ICANN.

 Link to the Economist article That Evan mention:
 http://www.economist.com/node/21530955 was talk of taking a Declaration
 to investigate some of the hired party membrecas by
 ICANN, as there are more registrars supported by ICANN.

 * D. -* AFRALO General Assembly.

 * The remaining das: * 27, 28 and October 29 I was not present, since
 I had to return the day Wednesdays because of serious problems at the hotel
 and absence of people of ICANN. I hope that some of the
 were able to complement this summary.

 * If you want to emphasize that it honors Sylvia on meeting the
 his term of office as a member of ALAC for our region.
 Sylvia personally want to say thank you for teach and dwell
 Your hand always, your work on your real interest reginy by
 Internet users. Continue to work together for Regina, forever.
 Kisses *

 * *

 * Conclusin: *

 I hope this small sum may serve you to have
 an idea of \u200b\u200bwhat we were doing in the reunin in Senegal. And by the way
 can understand some issues that make the operation of our
 region.

 That disposicin of what you need.

 Regards
 JosArce .-