[lac-discuss-en] =? Utf-8? Q? Proyecto_de_mejoras_de_ALAC_ / _At-Large? = =? Utf-8? Q? _-= EF = BF _actualizaci = BDn_importante? =

presidencia at internauta.org.ar presidencia at internauta.org.ar
Wed Oct 12 12:16:08 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Utf-8? Q? Proyecto_de_mejoras_de_ALAC_ / _At-Large? = =? Utf-8? Q? _-= EF = BF _actualizaci = BDn_importante? =
 From: presidencia at internauta.org.ar

 Dear Members of ALAC: I must say I FULLY agree on the statement made by
 Carlton.
 Not is an example of good practice "punish the Volunteers," I think we
 Should put in place Mechanisms That Encourage full participation of the
 Members and seek Strategies Perhaps even more for better
 utilization of the participation of Volunteers In This structure.
 Kind Regards

 * Sergio Salinas Porto Internauta Argentina Association President
 Argentina Internet Users <http://www.internauta.org.ar> Fluid
 American Federation of Internet Users
<http://www.fuilain.org> ICANN / LACRALO - ALAC Member
 facebook: salinasporto twitter: sergiosalinas MSN / YAHOO MSN / Talk:
 salinasporto ... Skype: Mobi internautaargentina: +54 215 819 9223 5 *

 *

 &quot;Hopefully we can be disobedient, every time we receive orders
 humiliate our conscience or violate our common sense &quot;-Edward
 Galeano

 *

 The 11/10/2011 10:50 am, carlton.samuels @ gmail.com wrote:
> Dear ALAC ExCom members,
> >
> >  I want to inform you of some changes to the Improvements report based on
> >  information Heidi and Seth received from Samantha Eisner of ICANN Legal.
> >  Legal's view is that the only "final report" appropriate for Board
> >  approval would come once the ALAC can report having implemented*all*
> >  the recommendations of the ALAC Review WG.
> >
> >  At this stage, however, we could report that the ALAC has completed a
> >  substantial amount of ALAC Improvements work, including developing
> >  specific proposals for the implementation of the ALAC Review WG
> >  recommendations. Consequently, Sam suggests the current status report –
> >  which need only be submitted by staff (not by the ALAC) – not be called
> >  a “final report”’; we are thinking of calling it the "ALAC/At-Large
> >  Improvements Project Milestone Report."
> >
> >  Still, an endorsement of this Milestone Report by the ALAC would send a
> >  strong message to the Board. So I have instructed Staff to start a vote
> >  endorsing the report on Sunday.
> >
> >  The next steps in the At-Large Improvements Project will be for the ALAC
> >  to discuss the implementation of the remaining ALAC Review
> >  recommendations and WT proposals in Dakar, including allocating them to
> >  existing At-Large Working Groups, creating timelines for their
> >  completion, and determining potential resource implications.
> >
> >  I would like to be able to submit these details to the Board as soon as
> >  practical but hopefully no later than the meeting in Costa Rica (11-16
> >  March 2012). The ALAC could then aim to submit the actual final Final
> >  Report -- marking the completion of the implementation of all
> >  Improvements recommendations -- to the Board in Prague (24-28 June 2012).
> >
> >  Would you kindly let me know your thoughts on this as soon as possible?
> >  Seth and others are working to convert the report into a "Milestone"
> >  report as we speak.
> >
> >  Best regards,
> >
> >  Olivier Crépin-Leblond
> >  ALAC Chair