[lac-discuss-en] translation software

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 01:45:52 UTC 2011

Paid version of Google Translate API now open for business :
http://googletranslate.blogspot.com/2011/08/paid-version-of-google-translate-api.html

"Back in May, we announced the deprecation of the free Translate API
v1. Today, we’re introducing a paid version of the Google Translate
API for businesses and commercial software developers. The Google
Translate API provides a programmatic interface to access Google’s
latest machine translation technology. This API supports translations
between 50+ languages (more than 2500 language pairs) and is made
possible by Google’s cloud infrastructure and large scale machine
learning algorithms.

...The paid version of Translate API removes many of the usage
restrictions of previous versions and can now be used in commercial
products. Translation costs $20 per million (M) characters of text
translated (or approximately $0.05/page, assuming 500 words/page). You
can sign up online via the APIs console for usage up to 50 M
chars/month.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
LACRALO Secretariat