[lac-discuss-en] Next steps regarding nomination of LACRALO president

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 3 21:29:43 UTC 2011

Dear José,

congratulations on your new appointment to interim LACRALO President.
As you know, the challenges facing ICANN in the run-up to the opening of
applications for new gTLDs, are colossal.
The At-Large community has an essential part to play in the resolution
of these ICANN challenges: our geographical diversity is an asset for
ICANN, since we are able to think global, and act local.
This involvement is only possible with regions that are vibrant and full
of energy, looking for local consensus and bringing that consensus to
the other RALOs.

On behalf of the ALAC, I therefore welcome you and look forward to
continue working with you and with the LACRALO region to bring the voice
of your culturally rich and diverse population to the ICANN table.

Yours sincerely,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD