[lac-discuss-en] FW: NARALO on Participation of ALS

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 15:09:38 UTC 2011

Here's something from the NARALO List that is of moment and might be useful
to LACRALO.

Carlton
==============================
Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
=============================

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:57:59 +0000
From: "Thompson, Darlene" <DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA>
Subject: [NA-Discuss] FW: [Secretariat] Agenda proposal for
       Secretariats    meeting Singapore
To: "na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org"
       <na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>

Hi all,

The leadership will be discussing what to do about non-active ALSs.
 Attached is what the EURALO is proposing to do.  Our current wording is:

"When an ALS representative does not vote in 3 consecutive NARALO elections
or does not contribute a comment on ICANN policy through collaboration on
the At-Large discussion lists in 12 consecutive months, it automatically
loses its voting rights and active status within the NARALO. The ALS should
be notified of the status change and may regain its voting rights and active
status if within the next 12 months it votes or participates to online
discussions, otherwise the Chair will submit to ALAC a request for
de-certification of that ALS."

The wording above makes it so an inactive ALS will not negatively affect our
quorum.  We have never actually taken the step of de-certification of an
ALS.  Can I have any comments you might have on our process?  We will be
discussing this in Singapore.

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP