[lac-discuss-en] ICANN draft FY12 Operating Plan and Budget posted for public comment

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Tue May 24 18:28:20 UTC 2011

Dear All,

Just to note that in the public comment on the Draft Financial Year
2012 Operating Plan and Budget
(http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#op-budget-fy12) has
a separate summary document of the various SO/AC/SG Additional
Requests at http://forum.icann.org/lists/op-budget-fy2012/pdfUNwycLKGih.pdf

Here are LACRALO's Budget requests and ICANN's proposed action for
each request (to NOT approve funding, approve funding, approve partial
funding)
and ICANN's rationale for its proposed action.

FY12-14 - LACRALO Technology Fest - Funding Approved
ICANN's rationale: Funding will be from normal teleconference expenses

FY12-16 - In-reach and Out-reach Material - Funding Approved
ICANN's rationale: ICANN Language Services will cover this request
upon approval of the New gTLD program as part of its overall budget

FY12-19 - Out-reach to countries without ALS - Funding Not Approved
ICANN's rationale: Due to multiple requests for outreach from various
groups, we recommend deferring any action until the PPC (Public
Participation Committee)  has the opportunity to develop an overall
Outreach plan for all constituency and stakeholder groups

FY12-20 - Out-reach for Program Radio, TV or podcasts - Funding Not Approved
ICANN's rationale: Due to multiple requests for outreach from various
groups, we recommend deferring any action until the PPC (Public
Participation Committee)  has the opportunity to develop an overall
Outreach plan for all constituency and stakeholder groups

FY12-23 - Funding for LACRALO GA: Core operations including IANA -
Funding Partially Approved - $25,000 US
ICANN's rationale: In order to facilitate ALAC's work, ICANN will
allocate travel support for up to 6 regional participants, based on a
plan from the At-Large
on the selection process and the use of the ICANN Constituency Travel
team for booking.

FY12-27 - LACRALO Leadership Awareness and Cohesion - Funding Not Approved
ICANN's rationale: Because of the challenging financial environment,
the FY12 budget could not support all the additional community budget
requests.
Where possible, requests for new or increased community travel support
have been addressed. Priority has been given to support participation
and engagement of existing communities and community members in the
ICANN public meetings. Staff is hopeful that in the future
additional financial flexibility can be found for broader outreach initiative.

FY12-31 - Request document translation - Funding Approved
ICANN's rationale: ICANN Language Services will cover this request
upon approval of the New gTLD program as part of its overall budget

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
LACRALO Secretariat