[lac-discuss-en] =?iso-8859-1?q?TEMAS_PROPUESTOS_A_VOTACI=D3N_EN _ = =?iso-8859-1?q?ALAC =

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Wed Apr 13 13:59:21 UTC 2011

Sergio - will send comments as soon as I can, but you must understand that
it is very short notice to send on the 13th for a vote on the 15th.

One correction - I was a member of the Interim-ALAC, appointed by the NomCom
in 2005. There was no LACRALO at the time, and  I was not a member of
LACRALO during my time on the ALAC. LACRALO was created in 2006, so there
was no way I could have been a LACRALO representative, nor sent emails to a
list that did not exist at the time.

However, if you do check the list archives from 2007, after the formation of
the LACRALO, you will notice, that despite NOT being an official member or
representative of theLACRALO, I sent many emails urging greater
participation by LACRALO in matters of policy as opposed to matters
administrative. (I participated in ALL the RALO lists as Chair of ALAC)

Having served my time in the ALAC, I see no reason now to defend my tenure,
as the creation of the 5 RALOS  alone would stand as sufficient testimony,
but I would continue to suggest that the representatives of the region be
extremely active in bringing the policy items under discussion at ICANN to
the members of the region via the list, and do much as possible to
facilitate understanding and discussion on the policies, so that the ICANN
policy process can truly have valuable input from the end-users of the LAC
region.

Jacqueline A. Morris
Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible and Free.
(after Chris Lehmann <http://twitter.com/chrislehmann> )