[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO Elections

Andrés Piazza andrespiazza at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 21:29:06 UTC 2011

Carlton,

2011/4/7 Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels at gmail.com>

> Well, I'll be gobsmacked!  It still amazes me how this list comes alive
> only
> around elections.

Couldn't agree more.

> The rules on elections implement a process.  And the process is very
> simple.
>  That is, if you follow it, step by little step.
>
> The process requires a measure of integrity to be trusted. So there are
> safeguards against subverting it.  This is why there are specific ways to
> stop that process, once it has started.   Any one person/ALS may initiate
> it.  But it will take a plurality of persons/ALS to validate it.
>
> This is laid out in the rules to discourage subversion and avoiding
> capture.
>  We need more self-education on the rules, it seems.

Nobody can argue this. Is a fact.

This does not mean that we can't agree to discuss eventual modifications for
the RoP. Anyway, as I said today, our OP and RoP are allowing to as they
are, to achieve most of LACRALO Goals. This shouldn't by our priority.

> Maybe that should be a test before an ALS is permitted to join LACRALO!!!

I still don't think a test to Join LACRALO should be a good idea, but
sometimes, as today, there is a part of me that would strongly support the
proposal.... I can totally understand you position.

Let's end the process and focus in the important things!!!

Andrés

> Carlton

*Andrés Piazza*
www.andrespiazza.com