[lac-discuss-en] The matter of LACRALO Elections - My Sense of It

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 02:39:35 UTC 2011

Once the vote has begun, a withdrawal by a duly nominated candidate does not
stop the vote.  This is the same process that cause a dead candidate to be
returned as elected in some countries with democratic elections.

The vote for officers is a LACRALO GA in action. The LACRALO RoP permits any
member in good standing to make a motion to change the order of business of
a GA.  In this case, call for suspension of the vote.  But the RoP also
demand that a vote to suspend would have to be taken.  And because of the
gravity of the motion, under similar rules as the vote in progress!

Matter of fact, I'm not so sure that the 'hesitation' in this vote and the
 change in the slate is actually valid under our rules.

Carlton