[lac-discuss-en] Matrix FODA

apisan at servidor.unam.mx apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sun Feb 13 16:36:47 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: Matrix FODA
From: apisan at servidor.unam.mx

Sylvia, all,

it seems to me of great importance the work that become and theone that is had
to do on matrix FODA.

In a fast inspection it would find the commentaries necessary
following:

1. In the listings of weaknesses of the three tables that appear in
document, we must include the lack of sufficient competitions and
updated.

Sufficient: technical, legal, social and political knowledge of all
subjects that are in discussion and projected for discussion in ICANN.

Recent examples with which LACRALO can illustrate this subject: names
of dominion of a single character in IDNs, policy for IPv6, policy stops
"pool" remaining of IPv4 directions by return of the RIRs.

Updated: it speaks by itself.

2. Another weakness that must be including, and that represents a risk
elevated to the viability of model AT-Large, it is the excessive concentration
of Thin and the ALS in subjects of organization and procedure,including
access to bottoms for trips and meetings.

In the measurement in which this concentration in one damage is perceived
discussion focused to the subjects nouns, that produce contributions to
development of important and opportune policies, the critics of the type of
"they are only dedicated to fight to each other" or "they onlytake care to obtain resources
for himself "they will debilitate the model.

3. The lack of transparency mechanisms and surrender of accounts in and
between the organizations it is another weakness that threatens the effectiveness and
viability of model AT-Large.

I had opportunity to speak on this in the inaugural speech of
"it showcase" of Cartagena and I return to do it: in the measurement in which there is more
money in game, for example with new gTLDs, new opportunities of
to use ccTLDs as if they were generic, and other changes in the market of
dominion names, the temptation to apply the capacities of a ALS or
of a whole THIN in support of a model or policy that favors toa single one
supplier or group of suppliers grows.

He is indispensable that the bottoms and inclinations or obligations of the ALS
be known and susceptible open analysis.

The opposite will take to an increasing distrust that will produce as well
incentives to disqualify or to diminish the contributions of the AT Large.

I clarify in case there are doubts that when saying here "weakness", use the term like
in the exercises of strategic planning, like a characteristic
it commits (the external ones are "threats") of the organization who makes difficult
to reach the objectives.

And use "lacks" not like an absolute one, but like half (or more, or less)
empty of the glass. That is to say, I do not say that "lack ofcapacity" means that
we have zero capacity, but that the capacity that lacks is a weakness,
for example.

Carlos Aguirre: I hope you see reflected here in objective way some of
the subjects that you and I in this list days ago discussed, and to that
Andrés Piazza in that same interchange talked about. Hopefully we pruned to advance
in this important process.

Sergio Salinas and Sylvia Herlein Leite: who directs this debate and is
ordered to lead and to transmit its results to the instances
following? We must support them and it will be easier in the measurement in that his
conduction is manifest. I see so far shows the one of Sylvia.

Warm greetings.

Alexander Pisanty

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      Dr Alexander Pisanty
UNAM, Av. University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Tels. +52-(1)-55-5105-6044, +52-(1)-55-5418-3732

* My blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
* LinkedIn procases out: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
* Unete to group UNAM in LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/Â106C0C8614