[lac-discuss-en] Geograficas Regions

andrespiazza at gmail.com andrespiazza at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 03:00:41 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: Geograficas Regions
From: andrespiazza at gmail.com

Alexander,

The 28 of January of 2011 22:12, Alexander Pisanty
<apisan at servidor.unam.mx>he wrote:
> Sergio, Carlos, Andrés, > > seems to me that the communication emitted by the members of LACRALO that > resides in the Caribbean denies the complacencia of these participation of > You and the one of Javier Pallero. >

That is truth, for that reason it surprises me that the commentary arrives at wiki before
the list, and for that reason I asked Dev and I asked it whichever ALS here
they subscribe that declaration.
> > seems to Me outside place your commentary, Sergio, in whom you are surprised of > that the ALS of the Caribbean did not discuss in this list. Yes he is correct > to ask which adhere to the communication, but also is necessary > to ask to us what so deep is the problem. The problem must be > analyzed like a problem of the community

I hope that it is taken correctly. It sounds to something obvious east analysis, Alexander.
>From always the first time has been a subject for the region (that wastouched
the subject, memory interventions of Carlton, Lance and Jacqueline, towards
Pablo Hinojosa at that moment, in the middle of 2006 in BuenosAires, before
of the first creation of the THIN one) and one intensified after the voting of
Director by AT Large.

In Cartagena we dedicated to length and laying to this topic. As well as in
last 2 teleconferencings, and in many informal dialogues, expensive to face and
also virtual. I personally saw Sergio, to Carlos, to Fátima,
Carlton, Dev, Arch, Sylvia, very involved in this subject. So it is so
post Cartagena, orchestrated a new development: The teleconferencings
subregional, between that one looks for to fortify the participation of the 2
subregions, to accentuate the idetidad of the same ones and toimprove the representation.
> and as a leadership fault > from the previous administration. We cannot deny that there is a situation > of exclusion, and we cannot assume it as a collective fault of > community only, if our elect representatives and civil employees no > takes care of it of dedicated way. >

To affirm this can be light, and to that referred to me in theprevious expression.
It has, on the part of the people who just I mentioned, an exact understanding
of the problem.

It is in my leadership that was generated the situation of disagreement of a way
well-known, and it was accentuated at the moment at which already we referred. Not in one previous one.
The gentleness of the situation is justified, but gustaria to dissent to me with
that there is an exclusion of this subregion.

The Caribbean felt that there was such rupture in the topical Voting Director, but
for the previous commission, the 2 delegates whom LACRALO sentare of the Caribbean.
I personally voted them. As well as the first one officer (Carlton like
Secretariat) and now Dev. Recordemos that after Mexico, 2 eramos officers
Latin American in LACRALO, since nobody of the Caribbean had showed his
intention to exert one of those rolls. After my confirmation like
President, I insisted strongly so that Dev occupies the position of Secretariat
(after seeing its shining task, I am glad it to have done).

The Caribbean had greater representation in officials, who your own region,
Alexander, if he is that the Latin North-Central America can be said that or
Hispanic loudspeaker is a region. And also it had but representation that
Andean region in LACRALO. Nothing badly considering that is 20%
of the ALSs considering the weighed system.
> > the communication of the Caribbean is aligned with the one of Carlos Side and returns > concrete the effects of the principles that it discusses.

In this sense I expressed myself in the list and I emphasized that there is general consensus
with the points of the rough draft that we are discussing, since as much the position
of the Caribbean as the one of the rest of the ASS it agrees with the Draft of the Group
of work.
> Cabe to mention that > Olga Cavalli participated in the processing of the report incomment like > member of the GNSO Council and surely will be able to clarify much of which > LACRALO needs to understand better and will be able to transmit what we need > to transmit. >

It is Olga in the list? Anyway to listen Carlton in this, something that
I already did in the past, is healthful. Tb was member of the WG and delegate by
a ALS of the Caribbean in LACRALO, as well as now member of ALAC.
> > and in addition, that communication sample that the application of those principles > has serious effects. Those effects are so serious that they can take to > LACRALO division, well by a massive affiliation of the members of > Caribbean to NARLAO, or by a weakening or disappearance of his > participation in LACRALO, that is of regional base, changingit by one > active participation in the group of small states insulares,that > reflects conditions of its countries that are more determining of their reality > in subjects of Internet that its location. >

This was included/understood acabadamente. I talk about the gentleness of
situation. Possibly the answer finishes being that must separate,
but I will do everything what is to my reach so that that doesnot happen. In
individual with elt subject of our selection of voting director by AT
Large, already I proposed that the system of "free vote" is reformulated after
"directed vote" so that this does not return to happen.
> Sergio, what you propose? By the position to that you were elect, I believe that you are > forced at least a to initiate an intensive process of consultations. That > process of private and public consultations must show if there are mechanisms and > sufficient will so that the Thin ones of the continent we work in > joint with those of the Caribbean or if, by the opposite, itis necessary to begin a > to work on a split base. >

This process already was initiated, Alexander. Private and public consultations.
> and that are due to reflect in which LACRALO thinks on the ICANN report > referring to the definition of geographic regions. > > In my vision, a split will be a lamentable result. > >
We agreed totally.
> SECOND POINT. > > the impact of a split of this nature is ample. We would be > adding us to the reasons and precedents that would give foundation that others > regions also were divided and to that organizations like one were created > region, and a THIN one, for, what will be, North Africa anda part of > The Middle East, Western Asia? >

This exactly I said in the previous monthly teleconferencing,the one of January,
when I used the word. On the end of the time of debate. I subscribe.
> > Although the report in comment does not enter these discussions, the Caribbean > is advancing to the conclusions at which the following one had to arrive > analysis round. > > the cuestionamiento of the Caribbean is serious, I repeat it. And therefore she is one > hard called of attention to LACRALO, beyond the preservation of > statu quo in our own region or a change in the same one. > > Hopefully these lines serve so that Sergio and who it can summon - > INCLUDING COLLEAGUES Of the CARIBBEAN - they make an exposition new who we pruned > to debate and to decide soon. > > Warm greetings. > >
Greetings and I am thankful that you have taken time in taking part.

Andrés Piazza
> > Alexander Pisanty > >. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . > Dr Alexander Pisanty > UNAM, Av. University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico > > Tels. +52-(1)-55-5105-6044, +52-(1)-55-5418-3732 > > * My blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com > * LinkedIn procases out: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty > * Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty > * Unete to group UNAM in LinkedIn, > http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/Â106C0C8614 > > * Sees ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org.mx, ISOC http://www.isoc.org > * Participates in ICANN, http://www.icann.org >. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . >. > > > On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, presidency Argentina Internaut wrote: > > &gt; Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:43:05 -0300 > &gt; From: presidency Argentina Internaut <presidencia at internauta.org.ar> > &gt; To: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > &gt; Subject: Re: [ lac-discuss-is ] Geograficas Regions > &gt; > &gt; Welcome Javier! > &gt; Thanks for your contribution and !
 commentaries. Such they are considered. * > &gt; * warm Greetings > &gt; > &gt; * Sergio Saline I carry President Internauta Argentina Asociación > Argentina > &gt; of Users of Internet <http://www.internauta.org.ar>FLUI- Federación > &gt; Latin American of Users of Internet > &gt; <http://www.fuilain.org>facebook:salinasporto twitter:sergiosalinas > MSN/MSN > &gt; YAHOO/Talk: salinasporto... Skype:internautaargentina Mobi:+54 9 223 5 > 215819 > &gt; * > &gt; > &gt; > &gt; the 28/01/2011 04:33 p.m., j.karmakiller at gmail.com escribió: > &gt; &gt; Dear friends of the list of Mail: > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; is the first time that I participate! I take advantage of to send my greetings a > all. > &gt; &gt; My name is Javier Pallero, of Ageia Densi Argentina. > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; With respect to the document on geogr?ficas regions, ismy humble one > opinion > &gt; &gt; that the criterion that had to be used (but alla to look for one > legitimatio!
 n > &gt; &gt; in the international uses of the UN or other org!
 anisms)i
s the one of > &gt; &gt; communicational practicidad within organizacion. > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; Because ICANN is an immense structure, with interactions between > &gt; &gt; diverse disciplines of work, organizations, governments, etc > &gt; &gt; nomenclature on Geograficas Regions deberia to be an own one and that > &gt; &gt; facilitates the use and understanding on the part of mayoria of the subjects > &gt; &gt; involved in ICANN. > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; the present one, for example, condice with the effective distribution of > RIRs. > &gt; &gt; Habria that to stand out as is the present use that the actors of ICANN in his > &gt; &gt; diverse activities makes and to unify for that side. > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; the words is noises, and the classifications, categorias > &gt; &gt; communicational. That she is what but people use and she contributes to unify > &gt; &gt; criteria within organizacion, is what preferir?a. > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &g!
 t; > &gt; &gt; Greetings! > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; _________________________________________ Javier PalleroDerecho and > Society > &gt; &gt; of Informaci?n - AGEIA DENSI > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; http://linkedin.com/javierpallero > &gt; &gt; http://javierpallero.tumblr.com > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; sent from * > &gt; &gt; * > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; _______________________________________________ > &gt; &gt; lac-discuss-is mailing list > &gt; &gt; lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > &gt; &gt; https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-is > &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; http://www.lacralo.org > &gt; > > _______________________________________________ > lac-discuss-is mailing list > lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-is > > http://www.lacralo.org >

--
* Andrés Piazza *
www.andrespiazza.com

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/707a0d532e.html