[lac-discuss-en] Geograficas Regions

apisan at servidor.unam.mx apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Sat Jan 29 01:13:55 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: Geograficas Regions
From: apisan at servidor.unam.mx

Sergio, Carlos, Andrés,

it seems to me that the communication emitted by the members ofLACRALO that
they reside in the Caribbean denies the complacencia of these participation of
You and the one of Javier Pallero.

It seems to me outside place your commentary, Sergio, in whom you are surprised of
that the ALS of the Caribbean did not discuss in this list. Yeshe is correct
to ask which adhere to the communication, but also is necessary
to ask to us what so deep is the problem. The problem must be
analyzed as a problem of the community and as a leadership fault
from the previous administration. We cannot deny that there isa situation
of exclusion, and we cannot assume it as a collective fault of
community only, if our elect representatives and civil employees no
they take care of it of dedicated way.

The communication of the Caribbean is aligned with the one of Carlos Side and returns
concrete the effects of the principles that it discusses. It is possible to mention that
Olga Cavalli participated in the processing of the report in comment like
member of the GNSO Council and surely will be able to clarify much of which
LACRALO needs to understand better and will be able to transmit what we need
to transmit.

And in addition, that communication sample that the application of those principles
it has serious effects. Those effects are so serious that theycan take to
LACRALO division, well by a massive affiliation of the membersof
The Caribbean to NARLAO, or by a weakening or disappearance ofhis
participation in LACRALO, that is of regional base, changing it by one
active participation in the group of small states insulares, that
it reflects conditions of his countries that are more determining of their reality
in subjects of Internet that its location.

Sergio, what you propose? By the position to that you were elect, I believe that you are
forced at least a to initiate an intensive process of consultations. That
process of private and public consultations must show if thereare mechanisms and
sufficient will so that the Thin ones of the continent we workin
assembly with those of the Caribbean or if, by the opposite, it is necessary to begin a
to work on a split base.

And that is due to reflect in which LACRALO thinks on the ICANN report
referring to the definition of geographic regions.

In my vision, a split will be a lamentable result.

SECOND POINT.

The impact of a split of this nature is ample. We would be
adding us to the reasons and precedents that would give foundation that others
regions also were divided and to that organizations like one were created
region, and a THIN one, for, what will be, North Africa and a part of
The Middle East, Western Asia?

Although the report in comment does not enter these discussions, the Caribbean
it is advancing to the conclusions at which the following one had to arrive
analysis round.

The cuestionamiento of the Caribbean is serious, I repeat it. And therefore she is one
hard call of attention to LACRALO, beyond the preservation of
statu quo in our own region or a change in the same one.

Hopefully these lines serve so that Sergio and who it can summon -
INCLUDING COLLEAGUES Of the CARIBBEAN - they make an exposition new who we pruned
to debate and to decide soon.

Warm greetings.

Alexander Pisanty

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      Dr Alexander Pisanty
UNAM, Av. University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Tels. +52-(1)-55-5105-6044, +52-(1)-55-5418-3732

* My blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
* LinkedIn procases out: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
* Unete to group UNAM in LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/Â106C0C8614

* They see ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org.mx, ISOC http://www.isoc.org
* It participates in ICANN, http://www.icann.org

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, presidency Argentina Internaut wrote:
> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 20:43:05 -0300 > From: presidency Argentina Internaut <presidencia at internauta.org.ar> > To: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > Subject: Re: [ lac-discuss-is ] Geograficas Regions >  > Welcome Javier! > Thanks for your contribution and commentaries. Such they are considered. * > * warm Greetings > > * Sergio Saline I carry President Internauta Argentina Asociación Argentina  > of Users of Internet <http://www.internauta.org.ar>FLUI- Federación  > Latin American of Users of Internet  > <http://www.fuilain.org>facebook:salinasporto twitter:sergiosalinas MSN/MSN  > YAHOO/Talk: salinasporto... Skype:internautaargentina Mobi:+54 9 223 5 215819  > * > > > the 28/01/2011 04:33 p.m., j.karmakiller at gmail.com escribió: > &gt; Dear friends of the list of Mail: > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; is the first time that I participate! I take advantage of to send my greetings to all. > &gt; My name is Javier Pallero, of Ageia Densi Argentina. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &g!
 t; With respect to the document on geogr?ficas regions, is myhumble opinion  > &gt; that the criterion that had to be used (but alla to look for a legitimation  > &gt; in the international uses of the UN or other organisms) isthe one of  > &gt; communicational practicidad within organizacion. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Because ICANN is an immense structure, with interactions between  > &gt; diverse disciplines of work, organizations, governments, etc  > &gt; nomenclature on Geograficas Regions deberia to be an own one and that  > &gt; facilitates the use and understanding on the part of mayoria of the subjects  > &gt; involved in ICANN. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; the present one, for example, condice with the effective distribution of the RIRs.  > &gt; Habria that to stand out as is the present use that the actors of ICANN in his  > &gt; diverse activities makes and to unify for that side. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; the words is noises, and the classifications, categorias  > &gt; commu!
 nicational. That she is what but people use and she contribute!
 s to uni
fy  > &gt; criteria within organizacion, is what preferir?a. > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; Greetings! > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; _________________________________________ Javier PalleroDerecho and Society  > &gt; of Informaci?n - AGEIA DENSI > &gt;  > &gt; http://linkedin.com/javierpallero > &gt; http://javierpallero.tumblr.com > &gt;  > &gt; sent from * > &gt; * > &gt;  > &gt;  > &gt; _______________________________________________ > &gt; lac-discuss-is mailing list > &gt; lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > &gt; https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-is > &gt;  > &gt; http://www.lacralo.org >

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/14544aa213.html