[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: THIN Project for Proposals FY11

apisan at servidor.unam.mx apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Thu Jan 20 15:18:03 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: Fwd: THIN Project for Proposals FY11
From: apisan at servidor.unam.mx

Hello,

it seems to me that we do not have to invent necessities but first that nothing
to take care of those that we have identified.

Repeatedly the necessity has been observed in our community of
to deepen and to extend the knowledge of the leaders and representatives
of the organizations members of LACRALO, and their members, on
fundamental technical subjects that they sublie the ICANN activity, and on
the subjects that become from the present time.

I will dare to ask therefore our elect and representing leaders
that they arm the frame of a formation activity, qualificationand
update, that was possibly carried out within the dates and
in the place of a ICANN meeting, LACNIC, or similar. That thisarming
include structure, times, and estimated.

I offer myself like a volunteer to discuss the program, content more and
ponentes that could comprise of that activity.

Alexander Pisanty

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      Dr Alexander Pisanty
UNAM, Av. University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Tels. +52-(1)-55-5105-6044, +52-(1)-55-5418-3732

* My blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
* LinkedIn procases out: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
* Unete to group UNAM in LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/Â106C0C8614

* They see ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org.mx, ISOC http://www.isoc.org
* It participates in ICANN, http://www.icann.org
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, presidency Argentina Internaut wrote:
> Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:57:48 -0300 > From: presidency Argentina Internaut <presidencia at internauta.org.ar> > To: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > Subject: Re: [ lac-discuss-is ] Fwd: THIN Project for Proposals FY11 >  > Dear companions I agree totally with the proposed thing by andres, we have  > just a short time to process the proposal, serious good for knowing if to somebody but  > happens something to him to add to this initiative. > warm Greetings > > * Sergio Saline I carry President Internauta Argentina Argentina Association of  > Usuary of Internet <http://www.internauta.org.ar>FLUI- Federation  > Latin American of Users of Internet  > <http://www.fuilain.org>facebook:salinasporto twitter:sergiosalinas MSN/MSN  > YAHOO/Talk: salinasporto... Skype:internautaargentina Mobi:+54 9 223 5 215819  > * > > > the 20/01/2011 06:47 a.m., Andrés Piazza wrote: > &gt; (English Below) > &gt;  > &gt; Considered: > &gt;  > &gt; Llega a reminder (which I copy underneath i!
 n its original version English) at > &gt; that debieramos to lend a > &gt; Tenemos some days to send projects to ALAC and that this takes part with > &gt; one global one in the discussion by the Budget for the next fiscal year. > &gt; 2011-2012. > &gt;  > &gt; Tenemos to respect this scheme of: > &gt;  > &gt; - Propose Activity. > &gt; - Description. > &gt; - Impact in the Strategic Plan. > &gt; - Date of Beginning. > &gt; - Duration. > &gt;  > &gt; If somebody has intentions to make its contribution, is anexcellent moment. > &gt; Personally I believe that there are 2 interesting topicos. > &gt;  > &gt; - * General Assembly Cara to Face *. Between the 11-16 March of 2012, ICANN > &gt; will hold a meeting in LAC, and will be one of the topics to treat. > &gt;  > &gt; - * Attendance to great the Techie Conference * but of theregion, stops > &gt; Outreach. We would have coordide ar with other Thin ones, them story more of this > &gt; in the week. > &gt;  > &gt; Voy to work in !
 a document and I will share them. But I am to the delay > &gt;!
  of its
contributions, > &gt;  > &gt; Greetings, > &gt;  > &gt; Andrés Piazza > &gt; President of LACRALO. > &gt;  > &gt; > &gt;  > &gt; Dear All, > &gt;  > &gt; ICANN you produce an annual operational plan and budget toaccomplish the  > &gt; goals > &gt; and priorities of the * ICANN Draft 2011-2014 Strategic Plan< > &gt; http://www.icann.org/en/strategic-plan/draft-strategic-plan-2011-2014-27nov10-en.pdf&gt; > &gt; * (PDF). > &gt;  > &gt; fiscal Ace part of the year operational plan and budget development process > &gt; for 2012, ICANN there are requested that the ALAC submit projects to be  > &gt; considered > &gt; for inclusion in ICANN's draft Operational Plan and Budget. In turn, the > &gt; ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee there are requestedTHIN suggestions for > &gt; possible project submissions > &gt;  > &gt; * THIN The deadline for submission of such projects 25 toICANN is January > &gt; 2011. > &gt;  > &gt; The ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee there are request!
 ed that the Regional > &gt; leaders select to budget liaison to lead the regional development of FY12 > &gt; budget requests. Please inform staff ace soon possible ace on the choice of > &gt; your regional liaison. > &gt; * > &gt; The AT-Large FY12 Workspace prograpevines the relevant information on the new > &gt; FY12 Budget development process ace well ace useful background information > &gt; (see: * > &gt; https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY12+Budget+Development+Workspace+-+2011 > &gt; *). > &gt;  > &gt; * Please notices: All project requests must uses to template which dog be found  > &gt; on > &gt; Fiscal the AT-Large Year 2012 Budget Development Workspace. > &gt; * > &gt; The following information must be included in the preparation of any  > &gt; project > &gt; for possible inclusion in ICANN's 2012 Operational Plan and Budget: > &gt; * Activity - The project activity being requested. > &gt; * Description - To description of the project activity. !
 > &gt; * Strategic Plan Impact - How the proposed project acti!
 vity acc
omplishes  > &gt; the > &gt; goal and priorities of ICANN's Strategic Plan or how the project activity > &gt; will improve ICANN's Policy Development Process. It wouldalso be useful to > &gt; show that the requested activity advances ICANN policy development process. > &gt; * Start Date - When the project activity will start. > &gt; * Duration - How long the project activity will take pleases. > &gt;  > &gt; Additionally, the template also requires to breakdown/analysis on what > &gt; resources (staff support, technical support, language services, telecom > &gt; support, ICANN meetings) plows needed to accomplish the project activity. > &gt; ICANN Finance for Staff will do to budget estimate each of the resources > &gt; needed to accomplish the project activity. > &gt;  > &gt; The ALAC will review all THIN FY12 budget requests duringto their meeting on > &gt; 25 January AT 14:00 UTC. The ALAC will submit to their budget requests on 31 > &gt; January 2011. > &gt;  > &gt; Foll!
 owing review by ICANN staff, all FY12 budget requeststo be included in > &gt; operational ICANN's for plan and budget framework will beposted public > &gt; comment. > &gt;  > &gt; Kind Regards, >

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/29750baaef.html