[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: THIN Project for Proposals FY11

andrespiazza at gmail.com andrespiazza at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 09:49:07 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Fwd: THIN Project for Proposals FY11
From: andrespiazza at gmail.com

(English Below)

Considered:

A reminder arrives (which I copy underneath in its original version English) at
that debieramos to pay attention.

We are some to send projects to ALAC and that this takes part with
one global one in the discussion by the Budget for the next fiscal year.
2011-2012.

We must respect this scheme of:

- Propose Activity.
- Description.
- Impact in the Strategic Plan.
- Date of Beginning.
- Duration.

If somebody has intentions to make its contribution, is an excellent moment.
Personally I believe that there are 2 interesting topicos.

- * General Assembly Cara to Face *. Between the 11-16 March of 2012, ICANN
it will hold a meeting in LAC, and will be one of the topics to treat.

- * Attendance to great the Techie Conference * but of the region, stops
Outreach. We would have coordide ar with other Thin ones, themstory more of this
in the week.

I am going to work in a document and I will share them. But I am to the delay
of its contributions,

Greetings,

Andrés Piazza
President of LACRALO.

 Dear All,

ICANN you produce an annual operational plan and budget to accomplish the goals
and priorities of the * ICANN Draft 2011-2014 Strategic Plan <
http://www.icann.org/en/strategic-plan/draft-strategic-plan-2011-2014-27nov10-en.pdf&gt;
 * (PDF).

Fiscal ace part of the year operational plan and budget development process
for 2012, ICANN there are requested that the ALAC submit projects to be considered
for inclusion in ICANN's draft Operational Plan and Budget. Inturn, the
ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee there are requested THINsuggestions for
possible project submissions

* THIN The deadline for submission of such projects 25 to ICANN is January
2011.

The ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee there are requested that theRegional
leaders select to budget liaison to lead the regional development of FY12
budget requests. Please inform staff ace soon possible ace on the choice of
your regional liaison.
*
The AT-Large FY12 Workspace prograpevines the relevant information on the new
FY12 Budget development process ace well ace useful backgroundinformation
(see: *
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY12+Budget+Development+Workspace+-+2011
*).

* Please notices: All project requests must uses to template which dog be found on
Fiscal the AT-Large Year 2012 Budget Development Workspace.
*
The following information must be included in the preparation of any project
possible for inclusion in ICANN's 2012 Operational Plan and Budget:
* Activity - The project activity being requested.
* Description - To description of the project activity.
* Strategic Plan Impact - How the proposed project activity accomplishes the
goal and priorities of ICANN's Strategic Plan or how the project activity
will improve ICANN's Policy Development Process. It would alsobe useful to
show that the requested activity advances ICANN policy development process.
* Start Date - When the project activity will start.
* Duration - How long the project activity will take pleases.

Additionally, the template also requires to breakdown/analysis on what
resources (staff support, technical support, language services, telecom
support, ICANN meetings) plows needed to accomplish the project activity.
ICANN Finance for Staff will do to budget estimate each of the resources
needed to accomplish the project activity.

The ALAC will review all THIN FY12 budget requests during to their meeting on
25 January AT 14:00 UTC. The ALAC will submit to their budget requests on 31
January 2011.

Following review by ICANN staff, all FY12 budget requests to be included in
Operational ICANN's for plan and budget framework will be posted public
comment.

Kind Regards,
--
Matthias Langenegger