[lac-discuss-en] Teleconferencing with ALSs de Latinoamerica

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 20:31:33 UTC 2011

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Teleconferencing with ALSs de Latinoamerica
From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

Considered,

I was seeing and analyzing the Doodle that we had to complete the members
of the ALSs de Latinoamerica, for the call to teleconferencing of
next week.

Of 26 ALSs corresponding to Latin America (following the criterion stops
to classify the regions that ICANN uses, of the Division of Statistics of
the United Nations (1), only responded:

-10 ALSs (in some cases more than a person by ALS, which gives us
total of 14 people).

-1 individual user.

-1 ALS of the Caribbean.

The Doodle was to know our availability and convenience days and
schedules for a teleconferencing with ALSs de Latinoamerica. If only
this percentage responded to the Doodle, how many personas/ALSs we can hope
that they attend the next teleconferencing?

It seems to me that we would have to concentrate ALL in obtaining the greater one
participation and contributions with value to the list. Personally I do not consider that
be substantial to send mails exposing the errors, the lack or
ignorance of the others, when that same time can be used
in order to make substantial contributions, as luckyly it happened to
commentaries for Strategic Plan 2011-2014 of ICANN.

Let us hope that the next Tuesday, those that did not complete the Doodle,
can attend the teleconferencing to advance in questions that us
they interest to all, like the Bylaws of LACRALO, for example.

Warm greetings,

Fatima Cambronero

(1) http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm

--