[lac-discuss-en] Comments on ICANN's 2011-2014 draft Strategic Plan due Friday 7 January 2011

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Fri Jan 7 04:28:50 UTC 2011

Dear All,

The At-Large 2011-2014 Strategic Planning Development Community workspace at
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+Strategic+Planning+Development+2011+-+Community+Workspace
has been updated with relevant presentations, recordings, transcripts
and comments related to
ICANN's draft Strategic Plan for 2011-2014 at
http://www.icann.org/en/strategic-plan/draft-strategic-plan-2011-2014-27nov10-en.pdf

After the public comment period on the draft strategic plan ends on
January 10 2011, ICANN will analyse the comments, amend the strategic
plan and submit the strategic plan to the ICANN board for approval.
The adopted Strategic Plan will then be used by ICANN to develop an
Operating Plan and Budget to accomplish the goals and priorities of
the Strategic Plan.

Identifying goals and priorities (within the framework of ICANN's
draft Strategic Plan) that are important to LACRALO and At-Large
is crucial if we want ICANN to support/develop operational plans to
achieve these goals and priorities.

So, as you review the draft Strategic Plan, consider :
- Is there any item (Strategic Objective, related community work,
strategic projects, ICANN's staff work) missing from the Draft
Strategic Plan that should be included?
- Do specific items in the Draft Strategic Plan require support as it
relates to LACRALO and to internet users in the Latin American and
Caribbean region?

Please submit your comments by Sunday January 9 2011 to the LACRALO
mailing list.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
LACRALO Secretariat