[lac-discuss-en] candidates to board Icann

apisan at servidor.unam.mx apisan at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Nov 23 02:44:30 UTC 2010

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: candidates to board Icann
From: apisan at servidor.unam.mx

Carlos,

since we continued summoning to discuss merits of candidates and that no
he begins (neither I believe that he is going to begin, nor create to begin it I, for the reasons
that I already expressed), we begin to discuss what merits QUICKLY
we considered important, to describe them.

Nor our representatives who are going to vote nor our coordinators
they have done.

I believe that he is right to request to those who am going to vote that they express his to us
points of view, at the moment without giving to names but criteria.

And that we can begin with a listing of criteria constructed from
base. In order to initiate that discussion I propose to consider:

1. Predicting of effectiveness in the Board. Here the success would beincluded in
tasks related to ICANN that require ample consultations,
detailed knowledge, and the production of decisions or at least of
supports for the same ones. Also they concern many knowledge of all
aspects of ICANN, academic formation, rationality, hold for
complex discussions, endurance, high threshold for
frustration, vision of long term, capacity to maintain well
administered its work, availability for the actual meetings and
by teleconferencing at an inconvenient time, support of its institution.

2. Predicting of representativeness or sensitivity to the principles and
necessities of community AT Large. Here principles would be included of
participation, democratic conduct, decision making of down towards
it arrives; file in subjects of defense of rights of the consumer, rights
civilians, technical rationality, etc.

3. Predicting of representation of the Latin American community and of
The Caribbean. Here they would include competition in the languages Spanish, Portuguese,
and those of the Caribbean; experiences in works with the community that the own one
community considers positive; it is present at or contact withorganizations and
people of the region; performance in meetings that already have happened in
region.

4. Predicting of a sustainable and predictable conduct. In addition to
characteristics of paragraph 1, personal stability, to have more vision than ambition,
absence of as much economic conflicts of interest as politicians, etc.

it sounds well? Each one of You thinks that it could contribute elements stops
to describe the three candidates - not without uncertainty, ofinsurance - in
these criteria? We would have to apply others?

Finally, with respect to the proposal done for some hours so that
ICANN staff establishes a survey with Doodle (or another method), what
it will be as much work that cannot make it our representatives or
coordinators?

Alexander Pisanty

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
      Dr Alexander Pisanty
UNAM, Av. University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

Tels. +52-(1)-55-5105-6044, +52-(1)-55-5418-3732

* My blog/My blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
* LinkedIn procases out: http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
* Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
* Unete to group UNAM in LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/Â106C0C8614