[lac-discuss-en] On Icann Cartagena

cveraq at gmail.com cveraq at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 17:27:52 UTC 2010

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: On Icann Cartagena
From: cveraq at gmail.com

Considered members of Lista: I reiterate what indicates in previous email of
that very complicated sera me to be in Cartagena by reasons forwork.

Nevertheless there are subjects important that to treat. I wanted to discuss on
PDP that already we began to promote it with Alex and I reiterate aqui my point to see
if we began to take actions from discussion.

Very briefly, I am going to divide in two parts which I consider aspects
fundamental to work in the PDP:

1. The development in if of a PDP:Veo that the work of the in charge group in
the GNSO is going to give important results and in Cartagena it is due to contribute for
this profit and later to enter completely the discussion then without a doubt is
to traves of politicas that exerts the greater influence of the Icann.
Unfortunately estare in Chile until 6 of December developing one
consultoria for digital Sela www.sela.org on economia and windows
electronicas unicas of foreign trade, which impedira to attendto me
reunion anticipated, although I hope to arrive the 7 if everything goes well, but my
recommendations in case it is possible to be worked on them include:

1.1 Although it is certain that Icann cannot initiate a PDP without the due one
process, must exist greater knowledge on the decision making
respect if the conditions exist, and as is (they were) these, stops
to initiate a PDP. This not this very clear in the present norms.

1.2 It must settle down with the greater possible precision the types and ambitos of
the politicas that Icann must work, to risk of having on load of
proposals that took to processes of priorizacion that not always
they showed in favor of groups with less capacity of influencelike by
example the users.

2. The implementation of the politica: Once a PDP culminates, the work
in order to implement the resulting politica it turns out to me vital. For example now
same subjects as IDN or DNSSEC demand an important work for his
general implementation.

It is important that the staff of Icann dedicated to these subjects makes
pursuit on the implementation to realimentar the PDP and to suggest
actions in the line of efectivizar the application of its entregables.

Carlos Side

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/77829082aa.html