[lac-discuss-en] effective mechanisms of participation

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Tue Nov 16 13:05:34 UTC 2010

Hi Carlos
Great idea - but I think that the idea of the bottom-up process is that the
motivation comes from the ALS members, and not from the representatives. Of
course, if there is something at iCANN that needs our input, the reps should
bring it to us as soon as possible for our discussion and resolution, but
the majority of the ideas for discussion should come from us.
What are the issues that we (and our members) face with regard to the
current and future use of the Internet? What are our concerns?
And then, how can we get the members to bring up these concerns for
discussion?
Jacqueline A. Morris
Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible and Free.
(after Chris Lehmann <http://twitter.com/chrislehmann> )