[lac-discuss-en] Board member election

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon Jul 26 21:03:49 CDT 2010

My suggestion is to advertise the Board position as widely as
possible, and encourage all good candidates that are in the region to
submit their candidacy. The BCEC will recommend a slate after the
steps in the process are carried out. It makes no sense, given the
process, to send up a single LACRALO candidate at this time.
And yes, I always thought that a liaison was a very strong position to
have,(better than a voting Board member) and I would support adding
back a liason, but it may look very strange to start proposing to have
a Liaison again, given the 3 year fight that ALAC just went through to
change FROM a Liaison TO a voting Board member!

Jacqueline A. Morris
Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible.