[lac-discuss-en] [WHOIS-WG] WHOIS-WG

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Mon Jul 26 14:41:06 CDT 2010

On 26 Jul 2010, at 16:04, Garth Bruen at KnujOn wrote:

> Lot's of different views on this. In the case web-based results it may
> be ok, but for the Port 43 results, obviously it must be in
> machine-readable text.

I don't think there is any reference to that in the RAA

> I have seen Port 43 results that have fields as images which the parser
> dumps or puts out as garbage. This is a clear violation of the RAA.

Is the data still legible? ie. by a human

Which parser?

I've come across a couple of whois servers that basically have HTML output on port 43, but  I don't see how that is an RAA violation

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions
Hosting & Colocation, Brand Protection
ICANN Accredited Registrar