[lac-discuss-en] Call for candidates for the position of ALAC representative from December 2010-2012

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Fri Jul 23 13:00:46 CDT 2010

Dear All,

LACRALO has to elect a representative to serve on the the At Large
Advisory Committee (ALAC) for a term beginning at the end of the
December 2010 ICANN meeting to the 2012 ICANN's Annual General
Meeting.

Carlos Aquirre from Argentina has served as our ALAC representative
for the maximum two terms as allowed in our LACRALO Operating
Principles.

According to rule 8 of the LACRALO Operating Principles
(https://st.icann.org/lacralo/index.cgi?ralo_organising_documents) :

* The selected representatives shall be a member of an accredited ALS; and
* Have his or her main place of residence in a country of the LACRALO
region; and
* Cannot be of the same nationality as the sitting regional ALAC
Representatives (this excludes candidates from Brazil and Jamaica) ;
and
* Needs to understand and respect the Obligations and Responsibilities
of ALAC members
https://st.icann.org/alac-docs/index.cgi?obligations_and_requirements_of_alac_members

The deadline for the submission of nominations to serve on ALAC is
August 20th, 2010.
Elections would be held soon after to elect a representative to ALAC
from the list of candidates.

Related links :

LACRALO 2010 Election Page :
https://st.icann.org/lacralo/index.cgi?2010_election_calls_lacralo_en