[lac-discuss-en] Fwd: WHOIS Report from KnuJon

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 02:59:38 CDT 2010

FYI
Carlton Samuels

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:52:35 -0700
From: "Garth Bruen at KnujOn" <gbruen at knujon.com>
To: alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Cc: na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: [NA-Discuss] ICANN Registrar Audit
20100620225235.4ea5342b4f0c5bb9c50429b56f1eb1a7.895cbc2d41.wbe at email00.secureserver.net

Hello all,

I would like to invite you to review the results of our comprehensive
audit of the gTLD Registrars as it relates to non-compliance and illicit
activity: http://www.knujon.com/knujon_audit0610.pdf

 Since January KnujOn has been conducing its own review of Registrar
contractual compliance and our findings are shocking. Among them:

 162 Registrars may be in breach of the RAA, several of them seriously
so

 As stated in our recent release, Who is Blocking WHOIS?
http://www.circleid.com/posts/who_is_blocking_whois, over 80 Registrars
are blocking, hiding or just providing poor WHOIS access

 Several Registrars have bad WHOIS for their own websites

 We've caught Registrars flat-out refusing services they're contracted
to perform

 Several Registrars have not posted required customer policies on their
websites

 There are a dozen or so terminated Registrars still selling gTLD and
claiming ICANN accreditation

 As you may be aware, the Registrars have developed tools that help
trademark infringement. We link these cases to criminal activity as
well.

And much more.

-Garth

What is the Doomsday Book? http://knujon.com/doomsday