[lac-discuss-en] LAC

Josef Tupag joseftupag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 12:40:53 CDT 2010

I am an old Diplo student (2007), and I will be at Rio next week. I will be
glad to meet you there, I know you well virtually, some more directly, some
others only reading their contributions.

I think it is a great idea to meet we all, wearing at least three hats (you
know Eduard del Bono?), I mean: as diplo community, as LAC community, as
IG4D community - the last for those who know about a proposal to create a
group dedicated to developing issues within IG.

I agree with Ginger on two things -at least :): LAC is not in the dev
cooperation agenda of developed countries, I think that not only because of
lack of english, but most deepen, because of lack of cultural links with the
anglosaxon world.
UE doesn´t look to this side, except Spain and Portugal, through
Iberoamerican initiatives, but these two countries -I think as hypotesis-
could be that have less resources for funding than the others.

And as you said, Ginger, our governments don´t put IG topic in the agenda,
and never the less in the budget, so we depend on external cooperation for a
topic so strategic as IG.

_________
Josef Tupag - best humidifier <http://thebesthumidifiers.com/>